[New Release] PowerPort III mini (with PowerIQ 3.0)

Anker has just released its second charger with PowerIQ 3.0… Take a look at PowerPort III mini!

Features & details

• High-Speed Charging - From iPhone to Samsung to USB-C laptops and more, Anker’s signature PowerIQ 3.0 technology delivers full-speed charging to virtually any device.
  • Universal Compatibility - Works flawlessly with nearly all mobile USB-C devices, and other laptops, tablets and more at full 30W speed.
  • Ultra-Compact - 30% smaller than a stock MacBook charger, with a foldable plug for easy storage.
  • Premium Build - The smooth matte exterior, glossy detailing around the port face, and cool blue LED provide an elite look and feel.
  • What You Get - PowerPort III mini, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Interestingly, this charger does not seem to be using gallium nitride, but the dimensions suggest it is smaller than PowerPort Atom PD 1… :confused: Anker claims that PowerPort III mini is 30% smaller than Apple’s 30W USB-C charger and that PowerPort Atom PD 1 is 40% smaller, but this contradicts the specs. Perhaps @AnkerOfficial or @AnkerTechnical could help clear some of the confusion.

This is the same design as the older PowerPort PD 1.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort III mini is available to order now via Amazon for a cost of $29.99, and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s second charger with PowerIQ 3.0? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

I’m still anticipating a wall charger with multiple PowerIQ 3.0 ports, intelligent power allocation, and gallium nitride. Hopefully it’s not much longer until we see car chargers and portable chargers with this new technology, as well.

10 Likes

$30 seems a tad steep to me… I would only pay $25 or less probably :man_shrugging:. Btw the image is working for me

2 Likes

If launching at $30 it will be $24 in days.

These 1-port chargers I doubt are useful, they call for a hub. Why does PD cause someone to be ok with 1 port? Anker never made 1 port chargers til PD (yes I know there was a couple but the main thrust).

I typically need 3 ports.

2 Likes

PD/USB-C isn’t something I use… at all… I don’t even have a USB-C port Charger yet. I don’t have a need for one, just a want. I don’t have a laptop, and I use an iPhone (don’t judge :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I’m planning on getting one, since the world is moving in that direction.

So a one-port Charger would work for me right now…

1 Like

Another item added to the list, Thanks to Anker…

1 Like

phone, laptop / tablet, Powercore, buds = 4. That is a very common combination for me. But I’m always with at least 3 devices, phone, buds, smartwatch.

I would never buy this charger.

1 Like

Yep, makes sense for some (maybe even most?). What charger is your main?

2 Likes

I think its for the poor saps that loose or have their chargers break that come with their laptops / tablets / phones. But the price point is a bit steep for that

2 Likes

Anker should just make a 3 or 4 port range of products, 30W, 45W, 60W, with intelligent power allocation, numbered ports for priority, 2 or 3 PD ports and one legacy port, a US folding pins version and an international sliding pins version.

It would sell to everyone and be their most successful product ever.

Til then its just meh. 1 port, its basically useless for most people as almost everyone has a phone + other. Phone+buds, phone+tablet+buds, phone+laptop+buds, phone+laptop+buds+Powercore. 2-4 ports.

Grrr, do I have to send Anker detailed schematics?

6 Likes

I would think 60w would be better… since you generally need at least 30w for a laptop :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think a 30W, 45W, 60W set of 3 products, most people would then buy 2 of them, a home / work version and a travel version. 30W 2 port, 45W 2-3 port, 60W 3-4 port, each has a legacy Type-A port, rest is PD and they are numbered for priority so right of first refusal port so you can decide what needs most recharging.

I could draw it on napkin if its not obvious.

In the example of a 2 port 30W charger, if the laptop was 30W, then initially the laptop would get all the power, 2nd port not giving power, then as the laptop to nearly full charge it would demand less then the Anker 2nd port would offer power.

2 Likes

Yep, I understand. What I don’t understand is why anker hasn’t made some of these yet…

2 Likes

Because I not repeated it enough times?

2 Likes

120W 6 port PD Hub (2 USB-C 4 USB Type-A) would be great…

Maybe you should try saying it again?

Just keep going!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @joshuad11

Would really like to see multiple ports on this charger with PowerIQ 3.0. The size comparison to Atom PD 1 does need a clarification from Anker team.

2 Likes

There is an upper practical limit, as basically heat is to the cube and radiation to the square, items get physically proportionally bigger at higher wattage, e.g 2 60 Watt will be smaller than 1 120W.

I suspect 60W is the upper limit on sweetspot, and 4 ports then is enough. Then just buy as many of them as you need. e.g. 120W you buy two 60W and consume 2 sockets.

Someone can choose a size vs wattage decision. But these 1 port items… not worth $ buying.

3 Likes

That’s what fans are for! lol

1 Like

A number of us “fans” are increasingly annoyed with Anker’s slow innovation. Arguably, Anker is months behind. IQ3, I told them months ago, and still not being done correctly. They still not using priority ports. If you’re doing multi ports then you have to negotiate, you cannot negotiate in parallel, therefore sequential, therefore numbered ports.

What is the point of this community if we cannot influence Anker. I get the impression this is just a marketing place, especially as their competitions seem to be awarded to those with social media presence.

2 Likes

I’m more disappointed in the fact t they ha e not bumped the power output to at the least 45w minimum. Ravpower has a 45w and a 60w charger released with the use of galium, so why can’t anker do the same? Power IQ 3.0 is moot if it cant be fully utilized

2 Likes