[New Release] PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim Now Available!

Anker has just released its first desktop charger with Programmable Power Supply… Take a look at PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim!

Features & details

• High-Speed USB-C Charging: Charge USB-C notebooks at high-speed via the 45W USB-C port, or get a powerful charge for tablets and other mobile devices via the 18W USB-C port.
  • Charge 4 Devices Simultaneously: With two USB-C ports and two USB-A ports offering a total 63W of power, you can now charge your phone, tablet, laptop, and more—all at the same time.
  • Ultra-Slim: By swapping out silicon for gallium nitride (GaN), we’ve been able to create one of our slimmest USB-C chargers—without compromising power.
  • Universal Compatibility: Equipped with Anker’s signature PowerIQ 3.0 technology to provide high-speed charging to virtually any mobile device. Also supports Programmable Power Supply (PPS) for compatibility with Samsung Super Fast Charging. (Does not support 45W fast charging for Samsung Note 10).
  • What You Get: PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim, 5 ft detachable power cord, adhesive strip, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim is available to order now from amazon.com for 57.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping within two to three days.

Are you interested in Anker’s first desktop charger with Programmable Power Supply? Be sure to let us know with a reply!
10 Likes

What’s the Amazon ASIN for the zero inventory product under the Anker manufacturer?

This is draft product, just the one image but no text, so the text will be added by Anker later and you copy paste here later.

As the text appears, we’ll know more, so below is a potentially incorrect initial reaction.

So this looks non-intelligent. I see 18W, 45W, and presumably the other two share 20W so I reckon it’s actually 83W total.

Good it’s two PD ports. Bad not intelligent. The opportunity is this could be 85W if one port then less per port as used. That 45W port if it were 85W, or 65W …45W as the other ports used, then it’s intelligent.

3 Likes

Like this @Insider. I feel it’s moving in the right direction.
I’ll reach for my wallet when it’s has 4 USBC ports.
Or maybe even 3 and 1 USBA, just for old times sake :grimacing:

5 Likes

Programmable?
What does this mean?
And if so : what is programmable?

2 Likes

“Inquirer” wants to know also :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We need more info please?

2 Likes

PPS. It allows any voltage up to maximum. It’s a more flexible negotiation between your device and charger.

Not programmable as in you the consumer have control.

PPS is a stepping stone to what I have been asking for years, of shared power and priorities. But just purely on seeing the 45W and 18W printed, if its PPS then it means upto 18W, up to 48W.

3 Likes

I’d love to know more details, glad it’s got more than one USB C port

3 Likes

You guys should make the top a wireless phone charger on the next version.

1 Like

Looks like a trimmed version of PowerPort Atom 4 PD… slimmer in size, reduced power… intelligence as Professor mentioned would have been good.

thanks for sharing @Insider

May be same form-factor and a 100W charger with intelligent power distribution will be a killer device!

1 Like

Yes please. This will free up a lot of sockets at the back of my desk. PD ports for fast charging larger devices with a couple of USB A to keep my keyboard and mouse topped up overnight.

1 Like

I thought so.
So this “programmable” is wrong.
It was really confusing to read that,
because what can be “programmed” for a simple power bank.

Most customers dont know nothing about input and/or output of devices.
They only plug and---------- pray! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not the consumer’s fault the vendors have diverse confusing charging protocols.

There is the opportunity for Anker. IQ3 can be the fastest possible charge but it has to evolve to be more intelligent. Customer just decides how much total Watts, total ports, buys the required number of chargers.

See the issue with the lack of intelligence of this charger, requires the intelligence to be in the consumer, to plug the laptop into the correct 45W port, the tablet into the 18W and their buds into the other ports.

How many hundreds of times do we get LV0 members here say “slow charging” “fast charge” and we found they’d bought the wrong products. They then often blame Anker. Which is often fair as Anker are keep selling their older products.

1 Like

I have something like this mounted under my desk with Scotch Reclosable Fasteners. This would be a nice replacement.

2 Likes

I am always happy if it charges at all! :rofl:
Doesnt matter if slow or fast.
Pensioners got time and they have learned to be patient and humble!

Great review!!!

1 Like

Not a review

2 Likes

UPDATE

I have added an abundance of additional information to the original post, including the power allocation when all ports are in use… Take a look HERE!

FYI – @professor, @paulstevenewing, @Chiquinho, @Nhi, @ikari04warrior, @matthewdmorais, @Shenoy, @pfrodsham, @Dez_S, @abigail.dmorais

3 Likes

UPDATE

I have added an abundance of additional information to the original post, including the power allocation when all ports are in use… Take a look HERE!

FYI – @spider2ybanana, @thedude244824, @Daiross, @ktkundy, @Mark_Dunsmore

1 Like

Thank you for the updates @Insider

Does look impressive with these features… Now wait for 100W intelligent charger :blush:

2 Likes

I think PowerPort Atom PD 4 is just as intelligent as this one…

2 Likes