[New Release] PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim Now Available!

I am using Atom PD 4 100W charger and cannot see the intelligence in distribution :grimacing: but works :muscle: when single PD output is used!

1 Like

Intelligence in a charger? :rofl:
I doubt!

1 Like

So the 45W port drops to 30W if you plug in anything to the USB A port?

1 Like

That’s the implication I’m getting.

Yeah so that’s the lack of intelligence issue still therefore to be solutioned. People buying USBC products are having USBC for their high power needs, and their USB A needs are for older, legacy, lower power needs. So if a buyer of this plugged in a USBA device it probably would consume 1W, such as their older buds, older flashlight.

One way to do such intelligence is bottom-up, if the USB A port is connected, give it 10W, if it doesn’t take 10W then reduce it and give more to the USB C port. “Sniff it out”.

That is how Anker’s competition is doing it, turning power up/down and disconnect and reconnect power to sniff out the individual port needs.

Not difficult to implement, but does involve an education of the owner to understand the process.

My situation when needing many ports:

• tablet, 18W PD, type C
  • Powercore 18W PD Type C
  • Phone 10W , Type C or A.
  • buds 1W , Type A
  • watch 1W, Type A
2 Likes

Thanks for the update @Insider

1 Like

Nice desktop charging option !!

1 Like

Nice one @Insider
Thanks for keeping us in the loop :+1:t2:
Just have to wait and see when it lands on amazon.co…uk

1 Like

Sure, there is still a lot of progress to be made, but at least this is better than what you originally speculated.

1 Like

Josh, thanks for reminding me of my earlier speculation.

The method of turning ports on/off/on is technically simply, you force a negotiation and sniff out.

The downside is the user sees power come / go / return so it’s a user education issue, not a technical issue.

My ask? We just have a side conversation with Anker how to do this, even if only we’re given a set of options of what Anker can make, and we give feedback. I’m not asking for too-difficult or expensive ideas, just ideas and we tune to make a product at a price the market will tolerate.

1 Like

Maybe I’m unique, but can we get a 4+ port charger with (nearly) all USB-C? I’d love to have a 4 ports of USB-C or more since everything I have is TB3/USB-C or lightning. I would pay extra for something with one 63W and a few 18W but all USB-C. As of now, I have to bring extra cables to connect iPhones, Apple Watch, Airpods, and USB-A/USB-mini for odd charges to connect to charger (USB-A) or MacBook Pro (USB-C).

I want to move on with life and go all USB-C. (I’ll keep one USC-C to USB-A/HDMI/Ethernet/SD for odd needs)

2 Likes

Many people have been asking Anker to develop a charger with at least three USB-C ports for quite some time now; you are definitely not alone. So far, nothing has been unveiled.

3 Likes

Glad it’s not just me. :):slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not just you @Equals42
I am waiting for a multi port all USBC :+1:t2:

2 Likes

You’ll probably have to wait a while lol

1 Like

Just noticed it’s landed on Amazon.co.uk!

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim is available to order now from amazon.com for 57.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping within two to three days.

FYI – @professor, @paulstevenewing, @Chiquinho, @Nhi, @ikari04warrior, @matthewdmorais, @Shenoy, @pfrodsham, @Dez_S, @abigail.dmorais

3 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerPort Atom III 63W Slim is available to order now from amazon.com for 57.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping within two to three days.

FYI – @spider2ybanana, @thedude244824, @Daiross, @ktkundy, @Mark_Dunsmore, @Ice1, @Equals42

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’ll probably wait for a good sale

2 Likes

Need sale, too much

1 Like