[New Release] PowerLine USB-C to DC is Now Available!

I just got my cable today, and I can’t seem to actually get it to work with my HP EliteBook. The charge status light just blinks at me, and the connector seems to slide out really easily. Comparing it to my stock charger, the barrel tip is about 1mm shorter on the Anker cable, see picture! I think it’s not seating in far enough to engage the springs in the jack to hold it in. Perhaps the laptop is also not identifying it as a compatible charger as well? I was really excited about this cable, I hope I can figure out the issue soon…

36%20PM

1 Like

@SlyBandit247 can help.

But yes, the design mistakes are coming out.

1 Like

The PowerLine USB-C To DC Cable looks well made and comes with the “D” DC connector. I would imagine with the correct high wattage charging adapter, the cable would be much lighter than using the old power bricks that come with our laptops.

I would have liked to see all the different connectors (A, B, C, D and E) included with this cable, with the ability to add other adapters in the near future. Perhaps even magnetic tips similar to MagSafe utilizing USB-C.

2 Likes

Revisiting this old topic, did Anker ever allow for the tips to be purchased separately? I needed the E connector for my HP EliteBook. Didn’t know if I should just give up hope on buying an adapter to utilize the cord.

1 Like

No not so far, and the original options are all not currently available. I reckon they are being revised based on the mixed reviews probably to make the tips longer and less fiddly. I do think they’ll be a success, and pair well with a 87W wall charger (dual USB PD, 65W + 18W), to charge laptop + phone / Powercore.

2 Likes

This has been unavailable.

I liked the idea but clearly needed a tweak.

Is it returning ? @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

I’d like to buy, it’s unavailable in USA and never available where I want in UK

1 Like

Haven’t heard any update about this from our team. It is not returning at least in this year I guess.

1 Like

Thanks for checking.

Shame, it’s a good idea.

1 Like

I buy it and it doesn’t work. Only charged for 1 seconds after that disconnected. I using it on 3 lenovo V330 :frowning_face: