We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

Ok, now u r haunting me. This is at least the 3rd time the page has presented this reply as “New” to me…oh btw did everyone know there was a Dark-Mode for the Forum and if so how long have I been burning my retinas! lol

1 Like

Seem to be haunting a few people, just like a few users are haunting mine :grin:

1 Like

I just saw the notification for this reply and I was like “this better be a new one!” lol

UPDATE: It’s WORKING!!! I’m so happy. Little tweaking and it works! Let the Testing begin!

1 Like

How? Make a better contact? Tin foil?

1 Like

Bundling.

I think there should be a bundled option so users who are not geeks get something which works, but I’m against bundling for myself as I prefer to pick.

For example to keep wall socket use to minimum, I prefer 2 socket chargers so I’d prefer a dual 45W + 10W to charge laptop and phone at same time.

I reckon a 60W+15W dual is coming soon it would be a good match for this cable.

1 Like

Yes options are good and easy

So the experience you had with having to fiddle to make the cable work, combined with Anker baffling decision to not sell with all the plugs makes for a prediction of bad reviews.

If you sell one purchasable product with a detachable end, it will cause connection issues and risks being lost. So if this were the only thing you could buy then might as well weld it to the end.

If instead it is detachable, that weakness must be exchanged for flexibility and so come with all the plug ends.

I think as they are currently selling it is worse of both worlds, both fixed to laptop type and prone to fiddle and loss.

A laptop needing 19.5V is going to require the highest standard of electrical connection, at end of a USBC port, 6ft cable, to add the resistance of a fiddle connector will not survive many months of use. You’ll see reviews of folks saying laptop flat as they moved the laptop and hadn’t noticed the fiddle loose problem.

Bring forward good engineering above marketing!

1 Like

Well my review will be in 2 parts. One part that reviews the cable as is and how it performed. Second part will be is the cable, as is, worth it and that’s where it’s gonna get some bashing because of mostly the reason you said. But hey, compared to carrying around my laptop charger, which is small to begin with, this thing is a whole other level of portable.

You passed him off to me!

@AnkerOfficial See your inbox

1 Like

what_she_said_office

You don’t want to get me started. This is supposed to be family friendly :joy:

AAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!! It’s driving me NUTS!!!

j’ai un poster de Anker dans ma chambre sa peu aider!!!
je veu un cadeau merci
cordialement

Anker France :slight_smile:

Another testing is coming :tada::tada: UK only this time :wink: Where are our UK friends?

@Insider do you know anything about this charger? I don’t remember ever hearing anything about it.

1 Like

Looks like a UK version of this one

1 Like

What @ndalby said.

1 Like

Ahh nice. The different form factor threw me off.

I have this charger, but I think I like the compactness of the UK version better.

Good luck @ndalby

1 Like