[New Release] PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In Lightning Cable | Anker’s Slimmest Portable Charger Ever!

Anker has just released its slimmest portable charger ever… Take a look at PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In Lightning Cable!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Slimmer Than Ever: Measuring just 7.4 mm thick—thinner than the majority of smartphones—PowerCore slides effortlessly into your pocket or bag while taking up barely any space.
  • Unrivaled Convenience: PowerCore’s built-in 10W Lightning cable is just the right length to connect to your iPhone while in your hand, bag, or pocket, minimizing slack and making charging on the go more convenient than ever.
  • Get an Extra Charge: The ultra-slim design packs in 5,000mAh of charging power, enough to provide at least 1 full charge to iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and more.
  • What You Get: PowerCore III 5K with Built-In Lightning Cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In Lightning Cable is available to order now from amazon.com for $39.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s slimmest portable charger ever? Be sure to let us know with a reply.

Note: A USB-C version is coming soon.

2 Likes

Hey @Insider, hope you are well.
I love the design on this PowerCore.
I still don’t know how I feel about built in cables and maybe you can answer a question.
Do these charge using the inbuilt cable?
The one pictured above looks like it has a Lightning input to the right of the cable, is that the charging port?

1 Like

No, unfortunately not.

I asked @professor why, and he could not think of a good reason.

Different product. I don’t see a good reason why a USB-C included output cable cannot be the input. This product it has to be charged other than Lightning, as Apple specific are technically inferior to non-Apple with Lightning not being a bidirectional port unlike USB-C.

2 Likes

Yes, I wasn’t even thinking about this being Lightning when I said that. It would be the same as micro-USB.

1 Like

Looks like a good product, thanks for sharing,

Again, bit concerned about the strength of cable coming out, going with Anker’s product quality, should be good hopefully.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Math.

The battery has 500 charge cycles. Suppose you use it twice a day, that’s 4 bends (out,in,out,in) so by the time the battery is dead the cable has been used at most 2000 times.

The very basic Anker Powerline is tested til 5000 bends so the cable outlives the battery at least twice as long.

The oldest lowest cost Powerline:

More laughable is the gullibility Apple has trained into the iSheep, $40… it costs Anker about $20.

Guys, nice one guys👍🏻
I never gave a thought Lightning was only one way, i guess if it was 2 way Apple would make their chargers with Lightning outputs so you couldn’t use them with other products.

You might have stumbled on the reason the USB-C version is not the cable in+out, the insides are identical, the Crapple version has to be C in Lightning out so they made the C out C in also.

There is no inherent reason why the C version can’t be bidiretional other than if the factory just does two skinned versions for the iSheep + C.

2 Likes

I guess so, as the 20000 PD we have are USBC both ways.

2 Likes

Haha, just got it “Crapple”
But shouldn’t that be iCrapple? :wink:

1 Like