[New Release] PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In USB-C Cable | Anker's First Portable Charger with Dual USB Type-C Outputs!

Announced last October, Anker is finally preparing to release its first portable charger with dual USB Type-C outputs… Take a look at PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In USB-C Cable!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Slimmer Than Ever: Measuring just 7.4 mm thick—thinner than the majority of smartphones—PowerCore slides effortlessly into your pocket or bag while taking up barely any space.
  • Unbeatable Convenience: PowerCore’s built-in 10W USB-C cable is just the right length to connect to your phone while in your hand, bag, or pocket, minimizing slack and making charging on the go more convenient than ever.
  • Get an Extra Charge: The ultra-slim design packs in 5,000mAh of charging power, enough to provide at least 1 full charge to most phones.
  • What You Get: PowerCore III 5K with Built-In USB-C Cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
  • Product Dimensions: 4.9 * 2.6 * 0.3 inches
  • Item Weight: 5.9 ounces

Initial @Insider Impressions

• I never would have guessed that Anker’s first portable charger with two USB-C outputs would have a battery capacity of only 5000 mAh and a total output of just 10W!
  • 15W or 18W output would have been better.
  • I wonder why this cannot be charged by simply plugging in the built-in cable to a USB-C port.
  • 6700 mAh makes more sense than 5000 mAh with the size of devices today.
  • Speaking of the cable, it does not appear to be very durable.
  • Again, Anker’s naming scheme seems to suggest that this supports PowerIQ 3.0, but it does not. :man_facepalming:

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In USB-C Cable is now available to order from amazon.com for $ 35.99 and should begin shipping immediately. However, stock is very limited at the moment.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first portable charger with dual USB Type-C outputs? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

5 Likes

Thanks for the details on PowerCore III 5000!!

The cable coming out, has high potential for damage but knowing Anker, they build the best product, so this should be a sturdy & strong cable attachment.

1 Like

Great point, thanks for bringing that up. The cable does not appear to be one of Anker’s typical cables. It actually looks far less durable… Looks can sometimes be deceiving, though. I have added this to my list of thoughts above.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Plus, I’m not a fan of “built in cable” power banks. It’ll be a pass for me.

1 Like

The inbuilt USBC doesn’t do much for me.
But that sparkly finish, I likey likey!

2 Likes

Haha, I do not!

1 Like

I think it’s a bit different.
It’s makes it look a little less of a functional black block.

We can agree to disagree on that then @Insider :smiley:

1 Like

I have seen something looking very like that for sale for a while, the 10000 has built-in cable.

The 10000 PD Slim is sufficiently slim and pocketable, I’m not sure I’d want to go backwards to 5000mAh. I did carry the 5000 Slim for years til it swelled from old age. If I want something smaller I have still a working 6700 II.

However, these are good for summer, small pocket or purse type situations. Would make a good gift to someone who is often having a flat phone. The challenge with such people is they often also forget to recharge the Powercore. I gifted out about 4 Powercore Mini which is also very small, the problem is they forget the cable.

Having a built-in cable means harder to lose your cable. So just grab this and go, and then remember to plug into your dual-socket charger at night.

I can see it working with people who get in habit of plugging in at night their Powercore. For those who forget, steal their charger and give them a Fusion instead.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate the idea of built in cables. And I totally agree that this cable looks very un-durable. (Not I word- I know lol).

When I first read the title, I was under the impression it would support PIQ3- it’s a shame it doesn’t.

Thanks for sharing this information

2 Likes

I hate built-in cables too, but there’s a class of person who loses cables. This would be a good gift to them.

Something this small can’t make much Wattage, 10W is fine.

I had a non-Anker 5000mah built-in cable once and loved it. It died. I got the Anker 5000 Slim, and didn’t like not having a cable, but I used that til it died. Now on the 10000 PD Slim which after a while doesn’t feel that awkward. The issue with built-in cable they way they designed this one is the stiff sticking out look, protrudes, make it a little larger in pocket.

As Josh points out the biggest obvious flaw is if you’re going to bother to have a built-in cable, why not have it bidirectional to recharge it.

3 Likes

I like the the looks of it but 10w?? Come on, that’s slow charge. I thin they could have done better and also increase the capacity

1 Like

Thats a real innovation.
Could be a real market for such a design beauty. :wink:
But built-in cable is not such a good idea. :roll_eyes:
I dont like those, if broken, tinkering is needed.
I could do, but…

1 Like

That’s a warranty vs price dimension. If it’s cheap and 18 months warranty… who cares?

I had this:

It died about 3 years old with the battery failure.

It succeeded one non-Anker with a built-in cable lasted about 3 years.

The cables get lost. So there’s a trade-off.

If they expect $40 for this, then it’s a problem. Once it’s, say, $20, it’s not a problem.

1 Like

faile
i don’t known this product of anker!

1 Like

Nice product not sure how the built in cable will go. I kind of like the idea but I’m slightly scared of it breaking if it’s not durable enough

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerCore III 5000 with Built-In USB-C Cable is now available to order from amazon.com for $35.99 and should begin shipping immediately. However, stock is very limited at the moment.

1 Like

Post updated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like