[New Release] PowerCore+ 26800 PD 45W is Now Available!

I like your spirit! Anything is possible during Black Friday, keep an eye on the Black Friday deals or events, I am sure Anker may come with better deals this year!

2 Likes

BTW, I have too many Anker batteries right now. Yes, there is such a thing. I have the original 26800, the 20100, the 10000 PD, and a whole bunch of 6700s and 5200s. Like 10 batteries total. It’s just me and my wife and our baby who is about to turn 1 year old. So I probably won’t buy anymore batteries this year. Although, I guess I could buy some to give away as Christmas presents.

1 Like

It looks like a well made product. Price is high. I would like to know how many cycles of charge /recharge you could expect out of the product before degradation?

2 Likes

They’re fairly typical lithium ion batteries inside so expect around 300-400 charges before the capacity drops to around 80% max capacity

Of course since it’s already a giant 26,800mah dropping to 80% means it’s now “only” 21400mah

2 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerCore+ 26800 PD 45W is now available to order from amazon.com for a cost of $139.99, and should begin shipping on October 17.

Dear @Insider,
Will there be a power bank only version on Amazon (that is: no PD charger and no Type-C cable)?
Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure, but my guess is unfortunately, probably not, as PowerCore+ 26800 PD 30W was never sold without independently.

1 Like

Does it charge Galaxy Note 10+ at 45w?

1 Like

No, it cannot.

will this work for the surface pro 7?

2 Likes

The 30W version is on Black Friday sale for $67.99:

Is the 45W version not gonna be on BF sale?

1 Like

Nope doesnt look like it will be on sale for black friday

1 Like

Yes, it is available for $99.99 as a part of Best Buy’s Black Friday sale right now!

3 Likes

On sale for $89.99 TODAY ONLY:

2 Likes

USB C to USB C to charge it.

I’ve been waiting for something like this ever since Power IQ 3.0!

1 Like

Haha, but this doesn’t have PowerIQ 3.0! :laughing:

I reckon either this product is due a revision or there’s a 60W coming or even higher.

I do have a concern however on the design and premise of 45W, or higher, that of efficiency and how much of the 97Wh you actually get. It would be obvious with a thermal camera but I found my 20000 PD when I use it’s PD port gives me less energy than when I use the Type A.

i.e. I have a concern the higher the Watts, the lower the Watt-hours effective.

Now that is fixable but they’d have to ditch the mixed ports types. The 26800 is made up of 8 3350 which I think they connect as 2 serial of 4 parallel so the native voltage into the buck-boost converter is about 8V. They then step down a little to make 5V and step up a lot to make 20V. The inefficiency is a function of the step ratio. If they removed the 5V port then they could make 2 parallel of 4 serial instead to make a native 16V so less of a step to 20V.

So I am suggesting the way to drive up PD Wattage, with out losing Watt-hours, is they fully ditch Type A ports in Powercore.

I am going to have to spend some $$ on a better USB meter which measures Wh out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R17L8QXIF9ULSF/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07YKGQHG3

I then also see this as a warning that Anker is already struggling to sustain the output Voltage as the input Voltage drops as cells discharge:

1 Like

Ws $90 in December, it’s $100 now

I purchased two of these to replace my 30W version, as I have a few devices (Like Nintendo Switch) that might need the extra power… But they dropped 12v support in this version so I cannot power my MeLe PCG02 or GMK NucBox S mini PCs, and my PD to 12v DC cable can’t be used to power my portable PC fan nor my IR floodlamp… So back to Amazon they went.
They really should say that they removed 12v on the Amazon page, because I’d have no reason to assume it’d be removed without notice in an “Upgrade”.