[New Release] Anker PowerWave 10 Dual Pad

The Anker PowerWave 10 Dual Pad as first reported by @Insider here, has now been released and is available to order on Amazon US for $59.99 , in stock for immediate shipping!

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 30+ million powered by our leading technology.
  • High-Speed Wireless Charging Modes: Charges Samsung phones at 10W and iPhones at 7.5W; the fastest possible wireless input that each can accept.
  • Two is Better: Charge 2 devices at once with Dual Pad’s twin charging surfaces.
  • Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases (no thicker than 5 mm). Metal attachments or cards will prevent charging.
  • What You Get: PowerWave 10 Dual Pad, DC Adapter with 5 ft Cable, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Feel free to share your thoughts (good or bad) below on the PowerWave 10 Dual Pad

11 Likes

Love it! I wish it had a slightly different design that made it look like one single pad. But if I’m not mistaken anker has another similar one in the works?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @ndalby

Its good for people planning to replace cable charging to wireless charging for multiple phones at home… but i will give it a pass, have 4 wireless charging stations :slight_smile:

I like it, but this is the second time we’ve seen the DC adapter recently & I wonder why they’re going this route now.

1 Like

This would be good for a space where multiple people might need to charge at the same time like a living room or kitchen!

If liberty air had wireless charging I would have bought them in a flash lol.

Anker was working on this (CES 2018), but whether they still are is unclear.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one I like.

I completely missed the charging pin of the adapter… its not MicroUSB or USB-C… definitely not travel friendly :frowning:

No wants to carry a bulky charger for one device

Anker should have simply mimicked the PowerWave + with Apple watch holder with USB-C input (vs MicroUSB) with a PowerPort+ Atom III charger

2 Likes

Not certain if I would be surprised if it still came to market after such a gap and even though newer, higher spec ones have appeared since…

:grimacing::confounded: Why bulky DC charging brick Anker? @AnkerTechnical
Too much bulk
No usb. Your killing us Anker

2 Likes

I am disappointed in the product. 3/5 :persevere:

1 Like

I thought it was DC…

Yeah. Typo

2 Likes

I was really surprised to see that as well. Leaving for somewhere with it and forgetting the charger makes it unusable. Not that it is something that would be regularly traveled with, but it seems silly to use that type of connection when any wall adapter (within power capabilities) to USB-C or micro USB should suffice.

I like the look of the charging base but not the charger brick.

For travel or even the regular use, need to have standard ports for connection. On one hand, we keep asking to migrate to USB-C for all devices :joy: and here we are going backwards, not using the primitive MicroUSB… going to Nokia 3300 age :rofl:

1 Like

It looks gorgeous, until you see that brick of a power adapter :man_facepalming:t2:

I think the power brick is a result of the wattage required. 7.5 and 10 w Qi charging usually requires 18 w so in this case you’d need at least 36 w. The only way to do this via USB would be USB-c with power delivery or two USB cables.

I’m not sure why USB-c wasn’t used but perhaps there is just not enough adoption yet. People would likely get the Qi charger and be angry it would not work at all without an expensive 45w USB-pd charger. Maybe there is a technical reason that prevents USB-pd power from being dynamically split between the Qi coils? Not to mention if you give a USB port people will attempt to use it with a non-compatible charger and believe the product is defective :sweat:.

That being said it isn’t really a travel product. I don’t think Qi is useful for travel, let alone a double pad. I just use a cable when travelling because time is of the essence and I often need to use my phone while it is being charged. The Qi charger just goes at my bedside.

I gotta say I agree with most people here. I like the looks of it. And I like the fact that you can charge 2 devices at home, however, the charging brick looks a bit robust and heavy. So I’d be hesitant to buy this charging.
I think the price tag is quite good. I wouldn’t mind paying $60 for this PowerWave, but the charging brick is making this a hard sale for me