Mac OSX + Catalina SoundBud Slims Video + Audio Sync Problems

Hi

I just updated to MAC OSX Catalina and my Anker Soundbud Slims are now causing a delay when I watch and video content on YouTube, DailyMotion, Twitter etc the first few seconds of the video freezes but the audio has already started, so video and audio out of sync. As soon as I disconnect Bluetooth headset and use wired headphones, this stops.

Is anyone experiencing the above problems? I’m using a MacBook PRO 2019 13"

Apple has really caused so many problems for me with Anker headphones.
P

1 Like

@Pares_Tailor A you said you have updated to Catalina, have you tried a fresh pairing of the earbuds? Clean installed Catalina on my Macbook Pro last night but haven’t got around to testing earbuds and speakers yet…

Also are these the original or updated Slims?

Just updated SoundBud Slims

I removed my earbuds from my MBP, re-connected them to my MBP - audio plays first, then video. so sync issues. I’ve restarted a few times.

Hi

just to add to this, I played a YouTube video using VLC player and the audio and video synced fine.

Using either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, the YouTube video audio starts immediately but the video does not begin to play after a few seconds so the audio and video is out of sync.

If i disconnect my soundbud slims and use my laptop speakers, the audio and video syncs fine.

P

Interesting, will test mine tonight to see if I can replicate…

@Pares_Tailor Tested on my 2017 MacBook Pro this evening and had no sync issues in AppleTV, Safari, VLC, Quicktime or Firefox / Chrome when viewing videos…

Have you tried a reset of the BT module at any point?

BT Module Reset

• Hold Shift+Option and click on the Bluetooth menu in the Mac menu bar.
  • Click Debug and select Remove all devices.
  • Click Debug again and select Reset the Bluetooth module.
  • Restart Mac device
  • Repair each of your Bluetooth devices.

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Fully charge your earphones
  • Use the headphones to listen to the downloaded music or video of the phone to see whether the issue still persists.
    -Try deleting the pairing history on your device, resetting your device, then try to pair with the headphone again
    -Try pairing the Anker headphone with another bluetooth device

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@anker.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

Hi

I tried this, and having the same issues - when I try to play a video via QuickTime, audio and video is out of sync same goes for YouTube etc via Safari, Chrome and Firefox. The video is late, audio plays instantly.

I cant use my SoundBud Slims with my iPhone 11 Pro because they don’t connect anymore. This issue is known.

I’ve got both SoundBud Slims and Slims+

I used my friends Sony WH-1000XM3 and they connect to my MBP fine and my iPhone 11 Pro. No video and audio sync issues. Same for my gym earphones Beats by Dre Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones no problems.

I only started getting the audio and video sync issues when I updated to Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.

Im waiting for the upgraded SoundBud Slims+ to arrive, hopefully this fixes it.

A note, I also reset my SoundBuds Slims by holding down volume up/down for 4-5s.

I have the exact same problem with my upgraded Anker Soundbud Slims. When watching Youtube or Udemy in Chrome / Safari, the video is stuck at the first frame for a second while the audio plays normally.

I also experienced this issue with 10.14 Mojave, although I found a workaround. I had to disconnect the slims from my phone, connect to my Macbook Pro, and then turn the headset off and back on again. But this no longer works since upgrading to Catalina.

I have tried the recommendations in this thread without success. I’m hoping to find a solution. I’ll post back if I manage to resolve it.

Thanks Nick for sharing if you find a solution let us know, I spent an hour without luck!

Hi @nick.blomberg what year is your Macbook Pro, is it the same @Pares_Tailor?

No @ndalby, I have the 2017 Macbook Pro.

I’ll look into it over the weekend; I may do a clean install as a last resort.

Hi

I just tried again trying to connect my Soundbuds Slims/Slim+ to my mothers MacBook Air, same issues. My Beats By Dre gym headphones connected fine, no sync issues.

No solution from my side. Here’s a list of things that I have tried:

• Deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from preferences and another bluetooth related preference file located in my user directory here: /Users/${user}/Library/Preferences/ByHost. No change after rebooting.

• Clearing NVRAM.

• Booting into safe mode.

• Creating a new user account to verify that I have no user specific settings involved.

• Resetting the SMC.

Nothing here worked, but I did encounter a scenario where the headset was in sync, but I’m unable to reproduce this consistently. If I open a youtube video and pause, disconnecting and reconnecting the headset would put the audio into sync. However the video lag would reappear if I paused the video again.

I’m giving up for now. The next time I’m near an Apple store, I’ll check if the lag is present for me on the 2019 models.

@nick.blomberg @Pares_Tailor As you’ve covered all the normal troubleshooting steps for BT issues I would suggest you email support@anker.com as per @AnkerSupport for additional assistance direct via email…

Also having this issue, 2013 Macbook Pro retina, Catalina, Soundbud Slims purchased November 2019, model number A3235.

Hello Everyone,

I have continuously been able to resolve this issue by purchasing and installing the “BOOM 3D” app on my Macs when I was running both Catalina and Mojave versions of OSx. This is the only reliable fix I have found for this problem. Now the earphones function as normal.