Soundbuds slim not pairing on iOS13

Same problem for me that my brand new SoundBuds Curve won’t connect with my iPhone 11.

1 Like

I found this thread after having the same issue with my Soundbuds Slim and the iPhone 11 Pro, and have contacted Anker support.

3 weeks is a long time without headphones that I use for hours a day… so in an act of desperation I tried any bluetooth headphones I could find in the house, the first of which was the old model of Soundbuds Slim – the 7-hour playtime model with the 3 separate buttons on the inline remote. Seems like they’d probably use the same chip, but to my surprise, they work fine!

I can definitely make do with less battery life for a few weeks, will just try to remember to turn them off. Maybe that’ll help someone else who upgraded from the old model.

1 Like

Same issue here! iPhone 11 wont pair, works fine on my old iPhone 6

1 Like

It is mentioned above…It mostly looks like there is a hardware change required on the Headset

Ok. Forgive my ignorance, does that mean that they need to send out new Hardware or will it just be a software patch?

Only just bought these headphones, so tempted to just send them back to Amazon.

1 Like

Reach out to service@soundcore.com and then will most likely send you the new version

2 Likes

I just contacted Anker Support and they told me Bluetooth 5.1 which Apple released with the iPhone 11 causes problems with the new Anker Soundbuds devices. They told me to return the earbuds (Soundcore Spirit 2) and wait for the new one coming out soon. Then they will give me 15% off for the new one as well.

1 Like

Thanks. That sorted the pairing issue on my iPhone 11

1 Like

SOLVED! I have been in contact with Anker Customer Support (which is awesome, by the way). Anyway, while waiting for my replacement, I just updated to iOS 13.1.3 and the issue is solved! Soundbuds Slim + pair perfectly!

1 Like

I bought a pair of Life P2 yesterday on amazon.de. Afterwards discovered that “Not for iPhone 11” is mentioned on amazon.com, but still no mention on amazon.de
I just received them. Paired successfully with iPhone 7

1 Like

Yeah I’ve bought a pair this week… and my Sony Xperia 1 asked for a update this morning… the earphones don’t want to pair… it picks up and etc but yeah doesn’t want to pair… seems like it not just apple

I’m also having an issue pairing to my Xperia 1 (Android 10). I got the Soundbuds for Christmas and every time I try to connect them the phone just sits there pairing until it times out. Been though checking settings, resetting things and unpairing etc but no luck yet.

You can connect them OK.
They show up in the bt list.
No sound, nothing.
Contact the support,
Should be defective.

Yes, they show up in the Bluetooth list but when I click pair it tries to pair but eventually fails. I’ve tested with my laptop and wife’s phone (Samsung S8) and they connect fine and the sound is working so the headphones are working - just not with my phone.

1 Like

This way you found out the item causing trouble. :wink:

Best would be to contact the support if those issues are know using that type of phone and OS.

Troubleshooting a few simple things helped, not sure what to try next so I’ll try Customer Support as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

It is always a pleasure to help.

This was such a nightmare before iPhone updated for the 11 Max. Hopefully, it’s eventually fixed for all users.

Has this issue been resolved? Were they able to release the upgraded versions that are compatible with iPhone 11/iOS 13? I plan to purchase the Soundbuds Slim because it’s currently on sale in my country, though I worry that it won’t work on my phone.

UPDATE: 04/27/2020
Soundbuds Slim works on iOS 13! I emailed their support, and as long as you’re purchasing the updated A3410 model of the Soundbuds, it’s compatible. So I bought a pair, and I’m quite happy with them!

I just purchased the headphones and they will not link up with my brand new MacBook Air. :frowning: