Liberty Air 2 right earbud problem

@aflha Have you removed any plastics covering the contacts (if present) and made sure the earbuds have had a full charge prior to use?

You could also try a reset of the buds following the video on Anker’s YouTube channel

1 Like

I was having the same problem. I usually use them with an older iPhone but when I tried it with an iPhone 11 there was no problem

Hei, I also don’t get the right earbud to play audio while I can use it with touch functions to adjust volumes etc. I guess this means that it pairs somehow. I have followed the instruction for resetting the buds several times. Both buds are registered as BT devices, one as active and one as deactivated. However, they both blink in the same manner. It seems something is preventing the right bud to play audio. Same issue on my Iphone and Surface tablet… Has anyone gotten further on this issue?

1 Like

Exactly same problem with me. I have iPhone 12 mini. Earlier It was working perfectly, now sound is not coming from right side but controls work

1 Like

For what it’s worth: I’ve had this problem as well, and I noticed, while attempting to reset the earbuds, that the right earbud wasn’t flashing as described. I noticed also that when opening and closing the case, the left earbud would flash white, while the right earbud would flash not at all, or a faint red.

Reseating the right earbud in the case - basically jiggling it around a bit - made the problem go away. I suspect the right earbud isn’t making contact 100% of the time when it’s in the case.

Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

these are a complete piece of junk. some days the left one worked, some days the right, some days neither , once in a blue moon both. they required resetting/re-pairing EVERY SINGLE DAY. anker’s suggestion was to use with someone else’s phone. I finally forced them to refund me.

1 Like

Same problem for me and got them today… completely disappointed…nothing works … if its this hard to simply get them to play at the same time I may have to refund these…Someone help please!!

This does not work

After multiple resets still no success…

Time to contact support and either get your money back or a different pair

1 Like

Same issue here. I have had the earbuds for a few months now. This is the second time this has happened. It seems to coincide with updates in my OS (using a Mac)?

If there is a link with software, is there any way you can, like, be ahead of the curve when large software manufacturers (iOS, Android, Microsoft) are rolling out or planning updates and prevent this from happening? It makes the earbuds useless to me for a while and seriously making me regret buying them in the first place. I expected it to make my life easier, not harder.

Hey there everyone,

HAD THE SAME ISSUE, SOLVED MINE HERE IS HOW:

(I’ve highlighted some of the steps in bold since these steps are crucial)

1. Go to your bluetooth device list on your phone, Mac ,PC and remove/delete the “Liberty Air 2” and "Liberty Air 2 -L form the list and turn off your bluetooth connection.

2. Put back the headphones in the case and don’t close the case.

3. Hold the battery checker/reset button at the bottom of the case for 10 seconds (DON’T let go when you see white lights flashing on the resting headphones)

4. Let go of the button once you see RED lights flashing on the resting headphones THREE TIMES. Once you let go you should see a steady white light on the left headphone and flashing white light on the right headphone.

5. Close the case for 2-3 seconds and reopen it.

6. Go back to your device’s bluetooth list and only pair “Liberty Air 2” this time.

7. Once paired successfully you should be good to go with sound on both of the headphones!

If this doesn’t solve your issue after a couple of try, see if restarting your device(s) and repeating the process makes any difference.

Hope it helps!

E.

4 Likes

After step 6 it should offer to pair the L bud too, and you should accept it.

If you don’t then firmware update won’t work, amongst other things.

You dont connect to both buds, it’s not for audio, it’s for data (control).

Yes, it should offer to connect to “2L” as well.
The way I approached it is, first solve the connectivity issue by connecting ONLY to the “Liberty Air 2”.
Once you know the issue have been resolved, you are good to connect to the “2L” for updates and control functions.

When I had the issue and was paired to both “Liberty Air 2” and “2L”, the bud was either playing sound on the left or right but not simultaneously. So once you know you have sound on both buds from “Liberty Air 2” pair, you can connect the “2L” with no issues hopefully.

Interesting.

That’s usually because you’d paired it with another device and not done a full reset so the L bud went rogue.

I was having the same problem. My right earbud suddenly stopped working. I unpaired them, re-paired them, reset them, restarted my phone, made sure they were no longer paired or connected with my laptop, etc. There was nothing coming from my right earbud, no light or sound saying “Battery High/Medium/Low”.

I fixed the problem by charging the case and earbuds. It might be that the right earbud lost its charge, for some reason.

1 Like

I’m always connecting power to the case while resetting, it seems to work better at reset.

That and I find as I add more and more bluetooth devices to my phone, I’m having to clear the Android bluetooth services cache.

…Nevermind…

Glad it’s working now :+1: