Is this new? Powercore II 20000

You may have to wait another 3 weeks. Or… it could get delayed again!

I’m interested in learning more about the new PowerIQ 2.0 technology!

2 Likes

Have the Powercore II with just IQ, amazing product!

I have older Chromebooks I am repairing with youtube guides and ebay parts, but at some point I will have to buy a laptop, I have a tablet which will die and it is not practically serviceable.

I need, say within 6 months, a proper decent upgrade to the Powercore 10000, 20000, 26800 which addresses the phone, smaller tablet, laptop problems.

I trust Anker’s engineering reliability, design to thermal and safety limits, but (frankly) the innovation is slow.

It is easy to list:

• 10Ah with 10W input and 15W output
  • 20Ah with 30W input and 60W output
  • 27Ah with 60W input and 100W output.
  • USB-C everywhere. Qualcomm QuickCharge is useful for phones but the future is USB-PD which scales to laptops.

Waiting.

1 Like

That things gonna be HUGE

1 Like

No, does not need to be. The Lithium can handle it.

The question is about the electronics, its costs.

The shape is non-debatable, it has to be a slab, like laptop batteries, such as the existing Powercore 26800 shape, it has to be for the thermal heat dissipation. The only debatable points are features in that shape.

I think it would be good in a design like the PowerCore II 20000 (the original one)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LQ7MQG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bt-IzbY9PDWE4

It looks exactly like the old version, thank you anker for not making these glossy!

I think these are inside totally different cells. The Powercore II 20000 square shape tells me it is Lithium Ion Poly. Poly has a higher Voltage so more Wh per volume, it can be made in any shape but generally slabs so produces a square side.

The Powercore 20000 IQ2 has rounded sides, tells me it is inside 6 18650 3350mAh cells so the difference is in the electronics which should produce a more efficient and therefore faster recharge and discharge.

I’m more interested in the newer 20000 if it has faster recharge.

My actual needs are on long business flying trip days where I prefer to pack with under-seat bag only so I’m very volume sensitive, every cable and charger is picked selectively, a 10000 is not quite enough so I use a 10000 and either the Slim 5000 or the Mini+, so I’m lugging 2 ports 13350-15000mAh currently, and anything which is smaller is of interest. My 10000 is reducing its charge as its >18 months and used heavily already so I also need to buy something “soon” (next month or two) anyway.

I own 26800 - it is huge, its only really got used by family on long weekend off-grid type situations, it is overkill for me, I keep it charged for power outages, it rarely leaves home.

I have one and I love it. I only paid $35 with Amazon Prime. Extra 10$ for the case which I highly recommend.

Anker appears to be making a step to make this less confusing.

Now, the original PowerCore II 20000 (with PowerIQ 1.0) is being called PowerCore Elite 20000. My guess is that we see these names filter over onto Amazon, too. Same thing with the PowerCore II 10000 with PowerIQ 1.0.

That way the entire PowerCore II lineup has PowerIQ 2.0. So basically the II has nothing to do with the shape.

We’ll see…

1 Like

All that does is change what is confusing.

So the new IQ2 is II

The Powercore II 10000 Slim therefore needs a name change

To… Powercore 10000 Elite?

The problem however remains, there are many products with 10000, many products with 20000 and many products with 268000.

What Anker used to do was, given each product was not quite a whole 1000 (e.g. 3350x3=10050), they used to use the fact they were rounding down, to round down to different numbers so you had a 10050 and a 10000 so a way to be a little less confused, or possibly differently confused as folks still had to understand what was each product. We then had “speed” and the port color, green/blue, and Anker changed its mind every few months and their changed minds were accumulating in Amazon products with similar names or difference names which did not tell you what the product was. As if no single mind is in charge of product names, or that mind changes every few months.

I personally want there to be a much reduced family of products with clearly delinearated names for QC, non-QC and USB-PD

So:

• Powercore 10000
  • Powercore 10000 QC
  • Powercore 10000 PD
  • Powercore 20000
  • Powercore 20000 QC
  • Powercore 20000 PD
  • Powercore 26800
  • Powercore 26800 QC
  • Powercore 26800 PD

So only 9 products in the 10Ah+

To have these all released concurrently, and there to be only ever 9 products sold 10Ah+.

Example on Anker now:

Really? 6 all in the 20Ah region? Really, we need 6 do we?

1 Like

Just received this email back from support:

Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for contacting us and showing your interest in PowerCore II 20000.

The dimensions and weight of this model are almost the same as the upgraded PowerCore Speed 20000.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0X3NL5

So why would anyone buy it? I don’t yet see what it does better, like dual input for a faster recharge, or USBC 15W in/out, or density.

Let’s hope it’s cheaper.

Example:

In the upgraded PowerCore Speed 20000’s manual, the capacity is listed at 20100.

On the other hand, the original Speed 20000 was listed as 20000 in the manual, too. :thinking:

Quick sidenote: another upgrade over the original Speed 20000 is that the new one supports QC 3.0 input, the old one supported no QC at all.

Ok, this one is really confusing:

Both sizes listed in the same place… :man_shrugging:t3:

Logically as the Speed 20000 is $41, the non-speed should be <$41.

1 Like

Yes, and combined with the fact that:

I would expect a price around $35… that is unless the input is 3A or something unexpected.

1 Like

i agree, in that mid-$35 order at its “usual discount” price (which is not its continual price), e.g. the Powercore 10000 tends to discount periodically to around $20 so a little less than 2x that as cost is dominated by the Lithium cells.

1 Like

Name change reflected on Amazon

1 Like