Is the Powerline+ USB-C 3.0 Cable supposed to make a sound when unplugging?

The sound happens at the end of the USB-C Port. I’ll email them and try and post a video of it

Okay, I uploaded the video, turn it up to hear it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7j4JAKaQE

odd problem, definitely contact support.
I cranked my audio, but didn’t hear anything.

I’ve had no issues with any of my cables so far.

Same here, I have bought anker products in the past like their wireless charger because I always leave my phone on the desktop. I can hear it on the video, you just have to listen closely.

@Tank have you had this?

There was someone previously who had a fizzy sound with an Anker cable n phone… Exact details can’t remember… It might have been this exact set up???

Did you do a search before posting to check if mentioned previously

I did do a search before this. This person had a similar setup to mine: Anyone else hear this crackling/popping noise when unplugging the Powerline+ ii usb 2.0 to C from the phone? I was just wondering if it is normal

1 Like

It may be normal with THAT exact set-up‽ Why? I dunno! lol

@professor
Do you know why this might be?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend using this until you have the issue resolved fully- it could be dangerous (fire, sparks etc).

Are you using an anker wall charger?

No, I’m using a Samsung Charger (although the one in the video is a power bank)

Oh okay. I was just making sure you Weren’t using a cheap gas station charger or something :wink:

Naaaaa, lol. Using the same wall charger my phone came with (it’s only two months old!)

Ok, so after contacting Anker Support via email last night, I recieved a response this morning.

So, I’m guessing it is normal then?

1 Like

Yep, I guess it happens sometimes.

Thanks for posting the response from Anker Support!!

I have this on the following cable - AK-A8482011

It sounds more like a rattle? Almost as if it’s the connectors inside moving when you remove the cable?

i'm pretty sure that's not suspose to happen - Side-Eyes Chloe | Make a Meme

This is what I’ve managed to record.

https://voca.ro/hHupGa9Dy4R

Can’t describe it?

Buzz? Rattle? Spark?

Kind of sound?

Replacement arrived and it does the same thing?

I listened to the sound you posted and that’s what it sounded like for me when i got the cable a year ago. Weirdly enough after a month or so it stopped making the sound. I still have the cable and it works just fine!

That’s odd, glad it all worked out