Is the Powerline+ USB-C 3.0 Cable supposed to make a sound when unplugging?

This is what I’ve managed to record.

https://voca.ro/hHupGa9Dy4R

Can’t describe it?

Buzz? Rattle? Spark?

Kind of sound?

Replacement arrived and it does the same thing?

I listened to the sound you posted and that’s what it sounded like for me when i got the cable a year ago. Weirdly enough after a month or so it stopped making the sound. I still have the cable and it works just fine!

That’s odd, glad it all worked out

I just want to add my anecdote that I’ve stopped using Anker cables because of this. Every single cable I’ve bought the past few months from Anker has this problem, and I do classify it as a problem even if the cables technically work to charge devices.

The sound is a very audible crackling, popping, electrical-type sound. It sounds like something is physically loose but it can’t be, because it only happens for around 3/4 of a second upon disconnecting the cable. It happens on both ends of the cable, regardless of the device or type of charger being plugged in.

I went so far as to have one of the cables replaced THREE times, each replacement had the same problem. This is regarding the powerline+ usb C to usb C cables. Not a single one hasn’t had the problem. I am now using a different brand.

Just wanted to add my experience. Clearly there is some type of weird thing going on here. It’s very unnerving to hear popping and crackling every time you are done charging your expensive electronics.

That’s must be an isolated case. I have many Anker cables and none of them make any sound when unplugging.
I would stop using them if they made weird sounds so I can’t blame you there

I have the same issue but with the PowerPort 5-in-1. Everytime I disconnect the builtin USBC cable, there’s a crackle type sound.