Give Us Your Christmas Spirit | Get Christmas Cheer! 🥳

Here is my giveaway idea for March… MARCH MADNESS.

Users would have to sign up in February to participate. It can be a first come first serve basis or mini events to get a spot in the bracket.

When all the spots are taken, Anker can host competitions between each of the competitors. These competitions might include a photo with a large amount of marbles, and users will have to PM Anker with their guess, closest wins.

When it comes to prizes and rewards, they can be based on position in the bracket. Lower ranked users will get a small prize, while those in the top 10 will get higher priced rewards.

Well that’s my idea. It’s not perfect since more rules would have to be put in place such as time to reply to Anker with your answer and such. But I do believe having a competition like this would be really cool.

Also those that are not able to compete can make a prediction bracket and maybe get rewards based on accuracy.

3 Likes

Oh, I would not like to go into a competition with @professor talking about Watts and Volts! :rofl:

4 Likes

DC or RMS?

My idea is for an event that resembles the Movie and Book “Ready Player One”

Clues will be given and hidden in different threads, and we must solve them to unlock the three keys, just like in the movie.

Grand prizes can be given to the first five to fully complete the challenges.

2 Likes

Keys? How are these used.
We lock our doors that way! :rofl:

Is that from the inside or outside ? :rofl:

Agree! Anker should think over this sort of idea.

If I could run the community, I’d formulate a giveaway in the form of an advent calendar. For 24 days starting on Dec 1, there will be 24 prizes given away each day.

1 Like

Thats really a funny idea!
But not so easy to manage that properly!

Hey all, bit late to the game here!
Saw the post a while ago and forgot to return :face_with_monocle:

Community Giveaways
I’d like to see giveaways where the entrant wins a small prize but a prize “bundle” goes to a worthy (judged worthy by Anker) organisation of the winners choice.
Case in point Charlie’s school uses tablets but the chargers they have are low output and it’s a struggle keep them charged between use.
PowerCores would also be useful for day trips etc.

This gives a good mix of member reward and marketing opportunities in the community for Anker

Product Release/Development
I would also like to see future product release information on the forum and maybe even member input on new products or existing product developments.
I get that this could open up the chance of “leaked information” to competitors.
So maybe this could be a section of the forum which is unlocked to long standing members.

Testing Club
I would like to see a change to the Testing Club.
I think people should register a testing profile. Anker would then have on record a pool of willing testers, their social media links, and the type of product they are into.
This would allow a more focused approach to selecting testers and hopefully result in more thorough tests.
Anyone not meeting their commitments get removed from the Testing Club.

Personal Giveaways
I think for personal giveaways/rewards things are quite good as they stand.
End of year gift for major contributors.
PowerDraw which rewards contributors of all levels.
Testing Club which gives anyone the opportunity to be selected.
And various other opportunities throughout the year.

Possibly maybe reduce the value of the prizes to increases the quantity available.
I think it’s a nice to receive a smaller prize and share that excitement and enjoyment with 10/20/30 others than it is to get something more expensive and be the only one that wins.

That sounds a lot of Power User. I think Testing Club is a way of letting members win something that they can use well. Not really about testing as it is with Power User

1 Like

Hey @Shivam_Shah
Long time no speak, hope life is treating you kind.
Not sure if you’re getting Testing Club mixed with something else, or am I reading it wrong? :grimacing:

1 Like

I hadn’t read that but your description sounded like Power User since you have to give social media info and what not for that. I don’t mind getting stricter rules for testing club though :smile:.

Yea it’s been a long time since we last chatted on here. I’m doing good and things have been well too. Hope you and your family are doing well too. Not sure where exactly you live but saw that London is going under level 4 so hope you guys are safe there. Same for @professor and @ndalby. Good luck you guys :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Shivam_Shah
Glad all is well with you :+1:t2:
We are in the east, 100 miles North East of London. So not that far!
We are tier 2 currently, so a little more relaxed than London but Christmas is on very strict rules with minimal contact with others.
I’m feeling a more prolonged lockdown after Christmas, maybe for the whole of January.
With the vaccine rolled out to those that are most vulnerable I think there needs to be a bigger push getting it out to everyone, they are saying it could be summer before everyone gets the opportunity to have it, that’s too long!

So many good ideas.

I want to be Mr Simple and say just do a giveaway, but deep down, I’m really competitive and would love a contest

Hey @greasedfire there’s nothing wrong with a bit of friendly rivalry :+1:t2:

I expect all countries will go into lockdown until a minimum % has been vaccinated.

England is about 60M population, the chance Europe with 300M or USA with 350M doesn’t have it yet is extremely low. As it spreads rapidly I expect today’s action is everyone’s action in next weeks.

2 Likes

I like the themed photo contests (for example: holiday lights/decorations), but I don’t believe the winner should be chosen based on the number of “likes” since it is easily manipulated.
Some possible rules:

• The winner should be chosen at random (as long as their photo fits the theme).
  • Users can submit multiple photos for more chances to win
  • All photos must be original. If any photo is found to a copy of another’s work (reverse Google image search), the user is disqualified from all future contests

It’s fun looking through everyone’s photos, but I think the forum needs a “gallery view” to make it easier to view them all.

2 Likes

Thats good!

This is what I proposed since a lot of time.
But I got no supporters, so I gave it up. :frowning_face:
I am fed up!

Giveaways are very much in the spirit of Christmas, and would love to see more of those around.

I like the auctions, and would like to see more. But they aren’t particularly Christmas themed.

Competitions are great at times. But I don’t need anything to pull me in to more time in front of the computer this holiday season. Some great ideas posted here, I would rather not see them until after the holidays.

Something like a random secret Santa would be very seasonally appropriate. Take the top 100-200 most active / involved people over the last year, randomly pick a few of them, and giveaway some prizes. Don’t make a big fuss about it on here. Voila, Christmas cheer.

2 Likes