G**D*** M*****F***** My Wife's Car Got Broken Into ... No Footage Because

Pardon my rant. Just f’ing pissed right now.

I live in Orange County, California. We moved into this apartment complex about a month ago. It’s in a relatively nice area, even for OC. The median income for my ZIP is over $140,000. But there had been a lot of burglary in the area, so I decided to buy some eufy security gear. I purchased 4 eufyCams plus the Battery Video Doorbell for the exterior of the apartment. I placed an order for the 2K IndoorCam Pan & Tilt yesterday, and this should be arriving later today. I placed an order for 2 of the IndoorCam Fixed version yesterday, and they might be arriving by the end of the month?

Since I have no indoor cameras yet, I placed 2 of the eufyCams outside and 2 of them inside. The 2 outside cameras point to each of the 2 glass sliding doors. The other 2 would have been pointed to each of our vehicles (we get 2 carports, but the 2 are not adjacent).

Early this afternoon, my wife bought some plants for our patio. When she got home, she parked, brought the stuff inside, worked in the patio for about 45 minutes, came inside the apt to wash up and rest for about 30 minutes, then went outside to the car. In the 30 minutes she was inside, her car was broken into. The car was about 30 feet from the patio, so she would have seen them if it had happened earlier.

In broad f’ing daylight. And we have no footage because the eufyCam that would have been there was inside. I thought 2 outside, 2 inside was a good compromise until all the cameras arrived. This is what I get for being too loyal to one brand? I was on the verge of buying 4 Wyze cameras for indoors since they are under $20 each, but I wanted to unify everything under one ecosystem.

I’m glad my wife was not harmed. But she did get her Chloe purse jacked. If you know anything about purses … :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss man…

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this happened! I agree it is annoying that the Indoor Cams are taking so long to ship! I don’t think Anker/Eufy should have announced it so early. Why have people pay and then make them wait 2-3 months. I think that’s dumb.

1 Like

The lack of video coverage is your fault.

If you earn $140k per year, possibly each, why are you moaning about $40 cameras being delayed?

If it is of concern purchase a proper security system for a few hundred bucks and then you can see your vehicles just fine.

Or order some additional external cameras from Amazon. The 2C works great indoors.

4 Likes
  1. Yup, it’s my fault for not having footage. Never said it wasn’t.
  2. Who said either of us makes $140k per year? I said the median income of my ZIP is over $140k. I’m a nursing student, and my wife works part-time because we have a toddler. Even if we each made $140k, I’d still complain about $40 cameras. Most self-made millionaires got there from being frugal.
  3. I put up the one eufyCam 2 outside. Gonna put up the eufyCam 2C outside also, probably next week. Hopefully this works great outdoors as well as it does indoors.

This happens.
Its not the loss of material things that matters.
The real problem is in your head,
because you always think about that there is no safety for you and your wife.
That’s psychological and bad.
It will take a while to forget that.
But take it easy if you can.

One funny thing comes in my mind.
Long time ago I placed 2 beer crates in front of my house.
Suddenly they got stolen.
The really funny thing was : The bottles were empty!!!

( The thief obviously was no “boozer”
because such one would have checked by the weight,
the crates were empty) :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @onstar too bad that you didn’t have the cameras watching your cars.
Good side, you and your home is protected.
As you said, the neighborhood may be nice and that’s why it’s targeted by the burglars.
Now you learnt your lesson.
Stay safe and be well my friend.

2 Likes

Orange County is a very nice place to live. My husband use to work down that way and he loved it. Unfortunately, nowadays, crimes happen anywhere and everywhere. And now, even in broad day light!!! My neighbor’s convertible was broken into in broad daylight. The homeless guy tried to jack his car but the alarm kept going off so he got spooked and ran off … leaving the car with $6k worth of damages. So yes, it can happen at any time. I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s car. Thank goodness she is ok. Again, sorry you had to go thru this.

1 Like

i used to live in the worst areas of Santa Ana garden grove and Buena Park and never had i we had our car’s broken in to times have changed now Now i live in area where there’s barely any crime but nothing like the city which i kinda miss

1 Like

I’m very familiar with all those places. My wife worked in Santa Ana today; she does mobile anesthesia, and one of the offices that she goes to is in Santa Ana. My wife’s 96-year-old grandmother currently lives in Garden Grove. I lived and worked in Buena Park from 2010-2012. Anyway, yeah, times are changing.

Hate this happened to you, luckily your wife was not harmed!

My advice is to get a couple of Wyze cams. They go for $20 a piece and for the MOST part they are reliable. This are not for use outdoors but people have left them outside and they still work a year later.

The reason I recommend them is because you can set them up to send you a notification whenever it detects movement or sound (the basic and free service only records for 12 seconds AND there is a 5 minute cool down period) BUT you can put an sd card in and have it to always recording, that way you can go back a couple days on the footage and don’t have to worry about missing anything.

If you go this route just get a nice rated SD card (high endurance maybe) so it doesn’t die soon.

If you got any questions you can always send me a PM

1 Like

Thanks @ikari04warrior for the input. I was about to get a few Wyze cams. I was debating whether it was worth having yet another app on my phone. I ended up ordering 3 eufy IndoorCams (1 Pan & Tilt; 2 Fixed). The P&T arrived yesterday. The other 2 Fixed ones are arriving next week (thanks @AnkerOfficial for facilitating).

I usually wait for a sale. Sometimes a very long time. This is the first time in a very long time (years) that I paid retail for Anker stuff. Paid full price for all 3 IndoorCams. It hurt a little.

Let us know how you like them. And if they are a big improvement I may jump ship

Now i live in a city call Temescal valley and it’s a lot calmer but not like the city

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the break in. Some part of OC is notorious with car’s getting broken into just cause of the area. People would drive around nicer area looking for a chance to steal. My brothers car was broken into 3 times and the apartment just said oh well. Called the cops and they said yeah we get those a lot cause of the nicer neighborhood. He ended up moving to a place with garage so his car doesn’t get break in anymore. Even if you put up cameras not sure how much it will help to tell you the truth.

1 Like

I live in east Orange County. My school is in Temecula. So I drive down the 15 all the time. Well, I used to until COVID-19. Now, all our classes are online. So yeah, I drove by you every week. Plus my wife goes to Glen Ivy like once a year. Anyhoo, hey neighbor.

Also, I couple exits up from you is Cajalco Road. There’s a New York Pizza Department (N.Y.P.D.) in the Stater Bros. plaza. I love their food. IMHO, probably the closest to NY pizza in the I.E.

Yeah, that’s what the sheriff told us. Nicer areas attract more criminals. If/when we buy a house, we will probably move into a gated community. At least according to the Neighbors App (by Ring) and several of my friends who live in gated communities, there are far fewer incidents inside gated communities.

Cameras might not help stop the crime from happening, but they might help catch the criminal. They DEFINITELY help with the claims process with insurance, if applicable.

“The lack of video coverage is your fault.”

True or not, this is just wrong to write under these circumstances.
Geeze

1 Like

The only thing I’ve try from nypd is the there pizza it was so good

1 Like

My neighbor is thinking of putting up a fake camera just for the preventative benefit.

The argument goes there are more crimes than their police to enforce the law, and crime against property is lower priority than violent crime against people, so even if you had cameras the bad guys would be unlikely to get caught. So if you spend too much $$$ on security, likely your cost exceeds your benefit.