G**D*** M*****F***** My Wife's Car Got Broken Into ... No Footage Because

Have you heard about “fake TVs” -> Flickering in living.
But a trained burglars know these. :joy:
Not good programmed : showing always the same color sequences.

Yes, a camera could take a photo!
But even you get the face, no chance this “face” will be catched.

Better are physical barriers : strong front doors (not such plastic sh*t) a good door lock integrated.
And take much care of the patio door and the ground floor windows.

But we do care a lot about the neighbors!
We know when they are on vacations.

Good trick is to use random illumination the rooms…

People also put up security stickers as a deterrent. Supposedly they have some benefits.

Personally, a few things:

1. I wanted to see what happened and when it happened. Maybe I can learn from it.
  2. We filed a police report even though the probability of catching the thief and retrieving the stolen goods is very small. Even with a camera footage, probably won’t make a big difference.
  3. The police report was more for insurance. They always want a police report.
  4. We filed a claim with our insurance company (renters insurance through Lemonade). The claim was approved in 18 hours. I had the money in my bank account 12 hours after that. Police report, receipts, and photos of the items stolen really helped speed things up. The purse was really expensive (the kind where each purse is individually numbered), so naturally we had the receipt with the serial number on the receipt. We took over 2000 photos in the past 12 months (we have a 19 month old baby), but using Google Photos, I just typed “purse” in the search bar and one family photo came up instantly where my wife was carrying her purse.
  5. Back to camera and my point #1. For many people, including me, just knowing what happened gives them closure. Even now, I’d like to know when and how it happened.
  6. I have since overreacted. I was goig to put up 6 cameras (4 outside, 2 inside), but I now have 9 cameras. :man_shrugging:t2:

glade to see you were taken care of and got your case approve so fast. You must of got lucky with a great claim agent heh.

Camera footage normally doesn’t make much of a big difference cause of the quality and it’s low priority. It is great for Insurance though for sure.

I bought bunch of camera when it was on sale on just stick it on my window to record into sd card and hopefully scare off anyone who think about doing something stupid. As we living in a state where someone can sue you for getting hurt breaking into your house I prefer to just try my best to make them think twice.

Everyone get upset when terrible stuff happens it’s human nature but glad to see you were taken care and the cameras to defend your castle

Hopefully it won’t happen again but if it does, you will have good footage of what happened

Sorry bud, the OC can be nice in some places but others not so much even if people make a lot of money. Sadly there are a lot of struggling cities right next door so people wander in. Again sorry for the loss but you, your wife, and your kid are safe!!!

1 Like