Eufycam 2c Homekit - How to enable?

I noticed that there is a Homekit setup instruction PDF (https://d2211byn0pk9fi.cloudfront.net/spree/accessories/attachments/80962/HomeKit_Setup_Guide_V1.0.2.pdf). However, I am unable to set it up the way it’s described in that document. My Homebase 2 doesn’t have a QR code with house logo as described in step 2.2, but a standard QR code as described in step 2.3. So the setup method would be:

“…open eufy Security app to add HomeBase 2 and eufyCam 2C/2 first. Then follow the steps on HomeBase settings → HomeKit setup to activate HomeKit.”

However, in the current Eufy Security iOS app there is no such thing like “HomeBase settings → HomeKit setup”.

My understanding was that Homekit support was supposed to come a bit later anyway, but the release of the above mentioned PDF lets me assume that it should work already. Else it would have been pretty much pointless to release that document to the public.

Please advise.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I also would like to know the answer to that. Just bought 2C kit and there is no code for HomeKit on the base. When are we expecting this to be sorted?

Thanks

1 Like

will need to wait for a code update for HomeKit to work

1 Like

I received my eufyCam 2C (FW 1.5.1) with Home Base 2 (FW 2.0.5.6) recently. I also found a guide before but in my eufy Security App there are not settings for HomeKit.

I’m happy with the Cam 2C but finding a guide on the official eufy Website pointing to HomeKit and not having it, is of course irritating. Very looking forward to HomeKit Update and of course late HomeKit Secure Video.

1 Like

I’m also very happy with eufycam2c but I can’t find the homekit settings on the uefysecurity app

1 Like

Yesterday‘s iOS update includes Homekit support according to changelog. But it‘s still not there. What are these guys doing?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah I’ve noticed that HomeKit InField activation process. Whatever that is :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I actually emailed support and asked about this and they emailed back saying they updated my homebase to have homekit. From there, it works flawless.

1 Like

So could you please share the FW details of your Homebase 2? Have they updated the FW to a newer one than the one that is currently being available officially (2.0.5.6)? Or are you still on that FW level and they just enabled something remotely?

1 Like

So, like you all, I noticed that my app update mentioned HomeKit. I immediately attempted to update my Homebase 2 which it updated to 2.0.5.6. I looked all over for HomeKit in the app and couldn’t find it so I just emailed support saying something along the lines of “I saw HomeKit was added in the latest app update, but can’t seem to find how to get it to work.” They got back to me the next day saying that they remotely upgraded my Homebase 2 FW and to log out/in again and sure enough HomeKit was now on my app for setup. I would either try and sign out of the app, then back in and if that doesn’t work reach out to support. My Homebase is now at 2.0.5.9h.

1 Like

Thanks!

I think the key thing here is that you emailed them and that they pushed a newer FW to your Homebase. So I guess it’s pointless for me to log off/on. But I sent them an email in the meantime, too, and hope they reply soon. The process will then obviously be the same for me than it was for you.

1 Like

To get the HomeKit option.
1 - Remove the app from your phone
2 - Reinstall the app
3 - Open the app and at the bottom you will find Homekit Portal !

1 Like

One step closer but I still can’t connect to Homekit maybe because I don’t have the latest FW (2.0.5.9h) … to be continued

Same here.

2 Likes

Have the same problem. But several hours ago eufy support team wrote me that they will push the Homebase firmware update and i should try to set up Homekit again in 24 hours.
Hope…

1 Like

Ok, I emailed their support also, and received a response today morning that the new FW should be pushed to my Homebase within 24 hours. Homekit should work then.

So as long as they don’t push the new FW to all users per default, this seems to be the only way.

1 Like

New FW arrived. Homekit works like a charm.

BTW: I have installed my 2 cams with an AC permanent power supply because I often use the Alexa skill to stream the video to my Echo Show devices for longer periods of times. Using the cams this way, the batteries would last some days only, and the solar panels I tried did not deliver enough power. Now I’m at 100% charge all the time… :slight_smile: Will post a detailled description in a separate thread shortly.

1 Like

I still didn’t get mine… :frowning:

Eufy support team has pushed the FW update for my Homebase 2. Now Homekit works. But i can’t view recorded motion detected videos in Apple home app. Only live stream.
But anyway something is happening :slight_smile:
Also after the update the range of camera-to-homebase became much much better! Thanks for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not aware that you could watch recorded videos via Home app with any other Homekit cam either. Before they Eufycam I had a Netatmo Presence, and there was Livefeed only via Home app as well. That’s correct by design. Accessing recorded videos via Home app is something that’s probably possible with Homekit Secure Video only, which is a fee-based offering.