Eufy Security Floodlight Camera - A Bright Idea for Your Home

Great feature and possible because the door bell and flood light are wired and always powered. Wish we can have this on eufycam as well when connected to power source such as solar panel. @AnkerTechnical

No problem.
Feel free to contact our support via the App. Our team will follow up with you in detail.

That’s a great idea for DIY and easy installation.
The floodlight camera consumers more power then the eufyCam. Using battery or a portable solar panel as the power source could be challenging.
We will definitely continue exploring new tech to make it possible.

Nice to see so many responses on a single Thread from @AnkerTechnical :clap:t2::clap:t2:

:slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::smile::grin:

1 Like

Given how much I like my doorbell, I am very interesting in the floodlight. I do have a question regarding mounting. My current floodlight mounts to the ceiling of my overhang and not the wall on my patio. It actually protects it from the elements better than being out in the open. In the photos, it shows the Eufy floodlight mounted to the wall. Is there an option to mount it from a ceiling overhang like I described?
Thanks,
Pat

1 Like

4 works on the bell for me just fine, but it is ridiculously small given how cheap SD storage is these days. I am also surprised it isn’t larger and/or doesn’t allow us to use cloud storage such as dropbox, box, or onedrive.

I personally would like recordings going back around a Month, which would only toss around 16gb (probably less).

I’m sure you will able to save your videos to attached NAS very soon and then 4GB is not going to be a big deal anymore

1 Like

I’m interested in this one and I have the perfect spot for it. But I will have to wait and see if there any issues the new camera.

After reading about the issues the other camera are having or had it concerns me to try out a new camera system until a few users get their hands on them and test them out.

@AnkerTechnical
Will these allow swa cable from the side or will they screw to a gland box?

Swa cable
0106niceicfig1_0

Gland box
Terminal-Box

Technically yes, we can mount the floodlight camera under the eave if the fixture has been there and mounted firmly.

We do have plan to support integration with eufyCam HomeBase. So that user can backup their data to the HomeBase, which has 16GB local storage.
This feature is under development and we are trying every best to release it by the end of 2019.

User needs to mount a mounting plate on the existing fixture and then mount the floodlight camera on it.

I’m not sure if the dimension of your fixture fits the mounting plate.
You may refer to below weatherproof electrical box. If your fixture fits the dimension, it should work.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BELL-Round-Gray-Weatherproof-Box-with-Five-1-2-in-Threaded-Outlets-5361-0B/204208041

Excellent.

Got mine today and installed. It’s not a bad camera, bt as with all the eufy security cameras there is a lot of room for improvement. Same as with the doorbell, being hardwired they should allow for continuous recording but don’t. 4gb of memory is a joke when 32gb card is < $10 frequently and I’m already paying over $100, if you want to charge me a few extra bucks I’m not going to care if it actually means more memory. Hopefully if/when they integrate with the homebase they allow continuous recording as an option for any hardwired cameras. The light also needs a setting for changing how long to leave the light on after sending motion, I think it turned off in 30-60 seconds, with no way to change it. Also even though the light was on walking the entire way through the driveway, the recording only starts with us half way through, which makes absolutely no sense, especially with the supposed 3s buffer. There is no human detection notification for some reason even though both the eufycam and doorbell have it, so back to being notified for all notifications. It does have their joke of detection zones that don’t work well at all and also are not even used how 95% of companies use them. They are still just boxes and limited to 4, which is not nearly enough based on the shape size of my driveway and the street. No smart detection, not that the smart detection even works when it is “supported”. Overall it’s a decent camera, especially since they are about the only ones that don’t require a subscription, but as with the rest, has huge room for improvement

1 Like

Don’t suppose you took any pictures? Your the first to say they have one
Interested in the mount, wiring etc especially
Cheers

Thank you for your support on all our eufySecurity products!

We hear customers’ voice and are working on integrating eufyCam HomeBase on video doorbell and floodlight camera. Please stay tuned on this feature. Hopefully we can get this feature supported in Dec. :smiley:

The timer setting for floodlight is under Settings - Light Settings - Motion Triggered Lights - Timer for Lights. User can select from 30s to 15min. Feel free to check it out and customize the timer for the lighting.

Regarding to the recording delay, the default Motion Detection Sensitivity is 3 out of 5. We could raise the sensitivity if we want the recording starts earlier. You may also contact our support. So that we can check it out in detail.

That’s fine for the existing homebase with expandable storage but the homebase 2 is also fixed & only 16gb, if you have 4 cams, a doorbell & a light & have 10 activations a day how far back will you be able to go?

Considering I have 99+ before midday on half of my cameras, say 600 ish total activations a day, how long will 16gb last if I add a light & doorbell, also considering the camera with highest activations is looking at the front of the property where the doorbell will be

Unfortunately I hadn’t realized no one else had posted they got it so I didn’t really take any pictures. For mounting, it came with a typical light bracket 2 screws on the sides and one in the middle for the light, with a grounding screw. The wiring comes pre-wired with a 3 pronged power cord connected with the twist on wire-connectors. So I just removed those and the used the connectors to connect it to my previous lights hard line, pretty simple. Overall I had no issues installing or connecting to it through the app.

1 Like