Eufy Security Floodlight Camera - A Bright Idea for Your Home

Cheers
That’s unfortunate I was hoping for 4 wires
All the security lights I’ve fitted before have live, switched live, neutral & earth
Switched live is to turn on the light without motion, say if you hear something outside

Great!
Thank you for sharing your installation experience. :smile:

Got it.
I’m afraid you’re right, the floodlight camera doesn’t have switched-live wiring to let user control from a physical switch.

The floodlight camera does support other ways for control that traditional lights don’t support, like turning on/off the light manually via the App, without activating the camera streaming, and turning on/off and dimming the light via Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands (Now available as a beta feature. Final release will come soon).

Feel free to check it out

1 Like

It was super disappointed to find out that integration with the HomeBase wasn’t a feature out of the gate. I happily backed the KickStarter because it seemed like an awesome camera solution. The Homebase was a huge selling point for me and the reason I liked the solution. I was eager when the Floodlight Camera was teased and excited when I got the email to order it. I finally got a chance to install it today and was shocked that it would not leverage the Homebase storage.

I hope this this is a high priority feature and that it comes very soon. I had ordered another floodlight cam already for the front of the house, but now I am kind of regretting it due to the Homebase integration not being there.

We understand your request and have been working on this feature for the floodlight camera as well as the video doorbell. Stay tuned!
We would love to hear more. If you have other suggestions or need any support, please feel free to reach out to our support team via email or in-App contact.

1 Like

Cough make something your own cough ring copy cough ring copy
Be a bit more creative

Why is it a ring copy?
Ring wasn’t the first manufacturer that made a security light with a camera & Eufy wasn’t the last

Did you say the same for the vacuum, Bluetooth speaker, charger, usb cable, light bulb etc

Yes was but first with flood lights plus ring is better

I disagree on ring being first

What makes ring better?

How about the other options like swann, ezviz, maximus, etc

So it looks like the lightbulbs are pre-installed in the unit. I was wondering if the lightbulbs can be replaced when they burnout? Thank you ahead of time.

1 Like

They’ll be led, if underrun then they should last 100,000 hours (11 years)
Don’t think they will be easily replaceable

The lighting part is LED. So it’s not replaceable.

Hi are the flood light cameras manufactured by Xiaomi?

<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step10_connected_tips">Floodlight Cam connected to the Wi-Fi successfully.</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step10_connecting_tips">Floodlight Cam is connecting to the Wi-Fi...</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step5_content1">"Go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings and connect to the camera's Wi-Fi Floodlight_eufy."</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step5_content1_1">"*If unable to find camera's SSID, refresh your phone's WLAN list."</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step5_content2">Return to the EufySecurity app and continue the setup.</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step8_content">"Sending router's name and password to Floodlight Cam..."</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step9_content1">"Go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings and connect to the router's Wi-Fi."</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step9_content1_1">"* If unable to find camera's SSID, refresh your phone's WLAN list."</string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step9_content2">&lt;font color=#666666>Please complete above Wi-Fi connection within &lt;/b>1 MINUTE.&lt;/b>&lt;/font></string>
<string name="floodlight_xiaomi_step9_content3">Return to the EufySecurity app and continue the setup.</string>

Haha, engineer’s talk.
These strings are from a special setup process on Xiaomi Android phones.
The Xiaomi Android is a deep-customized version. The regular process doesn’t fit. So we built a separate route for it.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns. :smiley:

1 Like

LED Lights do go bad. We need a way to replace them.

1 Like

Any updates on HomeKit support. I want to replace my three ring floodlights with this.

2 Likes

If LEDs aren’t over run then they last decades, the thing that fails is the semiconductor driver circuit

Most proper led lights are a return to manufacturer is it fails

they are a better design & a known entity if it’s not replying on led bulbs that can be of varying quality & wattage

1 Like

Thanks for

That is nice and all. But It doesn’t negate the fact if they go bad, you can’t replace them. You have to replace the whole unit. If this is by designed, Eufy is just as bad as Ring/Amazon.

1 Like

i have 3 exterior lights around the garage, deck and basement that these would be ideal replacements for.
Waiting for HomeKit integration before i pull the trigger
Combine with the cameras, Doorbell makes a good DIY monitoring system

Any plans to add door/window sensors to the mix ?

thanks

1 Like