Eufy Doorbell UK RELEASE?

I gave up waiting and purchased a T8200 from the USA in an amazon sale for $99 and then got a colleague to bring it over on a business trip. Was a bit of extra work to setup but not so bad if you can wield a soldering iron and know some basic electronics:

1. Got a 24V mains PSU from eBay for £4.95 to power the camera as the USA non-battery version expects the doorbell to have 24-48V power. My old doorbell used a 9V battery so no good here.
  2. Wired up the PSU to the bell/camera, some small soldering required to splice the new PSU onto the old bell wires and some heat-shrink sleeving.
  3. Solder a UK mains plug with 10cm of 2 core mains cable, onto the sounder unit with some more heat-shrink sleeving to make sure the terminals are fully covered. Then use some foam sticky pads to stick the UK plug to the sounder unit and further cover the terminals. Be safe if you do this, mains voltage here, make sure nothing is exposed.

Works a treat, really pleased with the product for the money we paid. Could do with some work on the ‘AI’ for face detection thuogh. Last night in the drizzle rain then the infra-red night illumination lights up the raindrops which then triggers the motion sensor then the AI thinks the car wheel in shot is a face, lol. My son-in-laws car triggered the doorbell alert about 20 times in the middle of the night.

Did it connect correctly to your UK sourced Homebase? I believe Eufy cameras have these region A & B restrictions, so thought the doorbell must have the same.

I got the battery doorbell into the UK and it linked fine with both my UK Homebase 2 and the US Homebase 2 with the same performance.

I think above they may be referring to the wired doorbell (I know the battery one can be too) - but the wired has no link to the Homebase yet anyway.

It doesn’t connect to the homebase, its standalone.

Right, I was thinking about the battery one and David confirmed it works, so I’d rather get that one from the US. I’d like to use my existing chime instead of modifying the sounder’s powerplug.

There isn’t an easy way of hooking up your old chime that I could see. The doorbell camera/button unit is self contained and needs continuous 24-48V DC power, it only has two wires, in the manual you have to bypass the existing chime. There is nothing in the system to drive the old chime.

Their sounder unit connects via Bluetooth by the look of it, doesn’t have any terminals to attach a chime either.

See page 6.

Yes, the wired doesn’t allow it. But the new battery version allows hardwired power and uses existing chime. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081C4JN51/

Sad news for Eufy fans in the UK. Message from Anker support team I’ve received:

“Glad to hear that you are interested in our battery doorbell. Sorry to tell you that we do not know when it will be available in UK at the moment. Rest assured that our sales team is working on this possibility. If there is any good news in the future, we are glad to keep you updated.”

I have just checked and can buy from Amazon.com and have it imported to the UK for £219 (or less).

I already have a couple of Homebase 2’s, so probably wouldn’t need to even buy a plug adapter (keep as a spare).

Can anyone see any problem with me doing this? I guess I might have issues with warranty, but they seem to be dragging their heels with bringing to the uk.

Still waiting…

I was finally able to order it from Amazon.com and get it shipped to UK. Spent yesterday installing and wiring, working great! For anyone doing this, remember a decent transformer that can output 16-24v and 30VA is required. I got this one from Farnell: https://cpc.farnell.com/stontronics/t5868st/inline-psu-24vac-2a-bare-end-level/dp/PW03961

…no it’s not cheap but it’s rated to 48VA and I’d rather buy something decent from Farnell than some cheap eBay special that might burn my house down.

Also, FWIW, although wiring is a pain, from the reviews I’ve seen the wired-only unit seems to have better video quality overall.

Now showing available in the UK via the Eufy website. Found it by advertising on Facebook. Price is significantly more expensive than US at £199.99 but possibly a newer version, looks like it comes with a base station without the ability to buy standalone if you already have cameras.

Not going to buy as yet as don’t want to be buying an unnecessary base station.

https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/17/112/video-doorbell

Does anyone know if this battery version in the uk will work with those plug in chimes from the wired version? I would need more than just the base ringing!

The base acts as the chime. Support for the home base is in the works.