(in yamyam-meaning “short”)
One upon a time there has been a kickstarter campaign for the most funded smart home product in history! … what already feels like an eternity ago!
After years of waiting … and waiting … and waiting …
… the first bunch of cams got shipped to the backers and some weeks later (around turn of the year 2018/2019 - beginning 2019) the market start of the eufy cam made the cam available in retail more and more.
Very soon, the first customers reported and complained about the terrible range of the eufy cams. It soon turned out that for many customers the promised range was not even nearly reached. For people living in a contryside setting with like nobody around, it was perfect. But for all (like myself), who are using the cams in a downtown setting of a big city with trillions of other wifis and microwaves and countless interferences, the range really sucks hard and the kickstarter campaign comment page got filled with complaints.
To make it clear with numbers:
I have a maximum range with my dozen of eufy cams of 12 meters(!) (about 39 feet) at a downtown setting with several hundred/thousand of people living at small space and with tons of interferencing networks and other influences. And the cam with the 12 meters maximum range i could set (after i even had to move the homebase to a location where it doesnt belongs to, just to get a connection at all!) is losing the connection sometimes while live streaming or i even miss some records even the cam had motion detection - just because the cam couldnt connect to the homebase to start recording (1 out of maybe 200-400 videos but still aynnoing). But sometimes i already notice that my cam is not recording for 2-4 hours, even if it should record dozens of videos in this timeframe, just because it lost the connection to the homebase … which is just 12 meters away(!) - and one concrete wall. And the range was even worse before, they already “improved” it in some previous firmware update.
eufy cam’s range may be great at countryside, but sucks hard in the city and downtown settings!
That’s why we demand free or extremely cheap eufy cam range extenders for over half a year already and which has been announced for April or May 2019 … so already some kind of late, as we have nearly July already.
But since eufy announced this new timeline back in March 2019 (source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1116368506/evercam-the-wirefree-security-cam-with-365-day-bat/posts/2442986 ) we never heared anything again about the range extender … nothing new, no updates about it … no words … no pics, no details, no tech specs, since months!
We all wait anxiously and pray to god that something will happen soon.
Yoda would say: "Range Extenders we need!"
So we arrived the PRESENCE of our little timeline time travel … and as i just have noticed that one of my security cams (the most important one) lost the connection to the homebase again and is not recording since over 3 hours(!) … i thought it would be a good idea to start the following SURVEYS to make some “warm” pressure to the eufy team to speed up things, as they are late already anyway and to show eufy and anker how urgent it is and how important a good and stable range is for a SECURITY(!) cam!
So please be welcomed to give your vote at the two following POLLS:
Please note that you can choose up to 3 options at the 1st poll and only 1 at the 2nd poll!
- I REALLY and URGENTLY NEED eufy cam range extender(s) as my range hardly sucks and makes my eufy cam(s) limited usable in my setting.
- I DON’T NEED eufy cam range extender(s) as i am fine with the range in my setting.
- I DO NOT OWN any eufy cam yet and therefore do not know if i would need a range extender
- What is a eufy cam and what can i do with it?!
- Are Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley really dead?!
- I vote for using toilet paper on both sides to stop paperwaste!
- R.I.P. eufy GIF-MASTER! * insider *
… and if you voted YOU NEED eufy cam range extender(s), how much would you pay for it?
Please only choose 0,00 USD if you are a backer from the kickstarter campaign!
Else please vote fore the pricerange you would pay for a range extender. Thanks!
- I would pay USD 0,00 - at least for the first one, as i expect kickstarter backers to get one for free for their support, patience and range issues they had in over 6 months already.
- I would pay up to USD 10,00 per range extender.
- I would pay up to USD 20,00 per range extender.
- I would pay up to USD 30,00 per range extender.
- I would pay up to USD 50,00 per range extender.
- I would pay up to USD 100,00 per range extender.
- I pay whatever it will cost, even if i would have to rob a bank then.