Error: Phone is not connected to the internet

Same here. We bought the wireless doorbell and floodlight security camera thinking it was all local, with no reliance on servers. Not impressed to learn that’s not the case the way we have. I’ll see how long it takes to fix things, and how “regular” these issues occur. If it’s a common thing I may just return them.
Be ideal to add HomeKit support to all their gear so I can manage it there.

5 Likes

Yes I am having the same issues here!! We need a fix immediately and a statement from Eufy/Anker

6 Likes

I’ve been hit with this too, it would be nice to even see a tweet from Anker/Eufy at least acknowledging that the servers are down.

4 Likes

Same problem (Perth, Western Australia). Had the system for 18 months and first time I think we have had this. The think the problem is that for phones/ipads to access recordings or change modes with the base station, they need to go out through Anker’s servers and back.
It would make it much easier if there were a system/server status page.

3 Likes

My events just came up for about a second and went back down. Just enough time to see my motion events were my dog and not a criminal.

4 Likes

If u r here searching for answer why ur doorbell or security cams ain’t working, we r all here for having the same problem… Please give a LIKE :+1:on all comments and leave a comment also . Lets push this TOPIC :fire:

5 Likes

Is anyone else wondering why the servers going down causes us to loose access to our events?? Is it not stored locally right in the homebase… is there no way to connect directly to your homebase?? anyone else think we should be able to do this

7 Likes

Has anyone heard how long until the servers will be back online?

2 Likes

You are not able to check firmware either so it looks to be a server issue

2 Likes

I’m also having the same problem. Based on the date of the original post, apparently not the first time this happened… It’s just unsettling to know this “local” system is at the mercy of their server.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s happened again :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

annoyed this wasn’t mentioned on any of their reviews on YouTube

How does a security camera company have servers going down? Why are there not sufficient backup servers to prevent such an issue!

4 Likes

This is shit, IM having the same issue and I brought the system because I didn’t want it connected to the internet if it goes down, so now discovering it doesn’t work like that

LAW SUIT!!

3 Likes

Same here, VA USA, phone not connected to internet message. I have 2 cams and 1 doorbel. This is the first time it happened!

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. On the video page it says phone is not connected to internet. Also when I try to change any settings. Failed to Request. 502. I called their support number earlier today during their support hours and it had the recording saying that it is server issue on their side and they are fixing it. It said few hours.

3 Likes

Hope they will be able to fix it🙏🏻

1 Like

Same thing here all day. Customer service closed at 5pm PST, so we are left without any support?

2 Likes

Yes, Eda, Me too. I just installed mine last week. this is crazy! The whole purpose with local storage/no contract is to be self sufficient locally and no need to be connected to a cloud account. Would not have bought this system if I had known…

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. I contacted live chat support and this is what I got. What kind of nonsense is this? I am starting to not trust Eufy.

2 Likes

Just received this.

2 Likes

I would like to know why the system requires a continuous connection to the internet? My understanding was also that videos were stored locally. What information is being sent to the the remote servers? Are my videos going off-site? I reported a similar issue last September when my internet went down for an extended period and I was unable to live view cameras and no recordings took place. The tech support response was that they would forward this on to R and D. Appears no action has been taken. This is not how a local security system should work.

3 Likes