Error: Phone is not connected to the internet

So i just installed my eufycam security yesterday, I wake up today to have a look at the videos from overnight and I get an error saying my phone is not connected to the internet. I have tried it over wifi and 4g and still cant look at the videos even though im clearly connected to the internet.

Any fixes?
Thanks

4 Likes

This is why.

4 Likes

I see. Not the best way to run things. Is there anywhere you can see server outages etc. so we know its them and not us?

1 Like

I had to call their support to find this out. I donā€™t see server status anywhere online.

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ is this why Iā€™m getting a bad gateway error (502) when Iā€™m trying to log into my phone app?? Just noticed it todayā€¦

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue. I recently bought and installed an Eufy HDR AND 2K Wired Video Doorbell (T8200). It was working fine for about a week and now I canā€™t access previously recorded videos. It states on that app screen ā€œPhone is not connected to Internet.ā€ I am now wondering if it is a server issue on their end? (Even though the literature states everything is stored locally & securely for safety reasons.) I tried many things to try to resolve but nothing thus far worked. I rebooted my Wi-Fi, even though all my other devices were working. I rebooted my iPhone. I Restarted the Eufy Wired Video Doorbell device by clicking a button within the app, I even formatted the local storage on the device, with a button within their app. I tried many other steps, all to no avail. Their phone support number is closed due to technical difficulties. That leads me to believe the issue is on their side. Any other suggestions to resolve?

6 Likes

@Michael138 Iā€™m seeing the same thing you are today. I have the eufyCam2C. I tried restarting the basestation and my phone, but that didnā€™t do anything. I can view video live on the cameras, but canā€™t see any recordings. Iā€™ve had my cameras since December, and Iā€™ve not seen this before. I just wanted to post, because I think this may be on their side too.

5 Likes

Thank you BV1 for letting me know. (I not sure this is the correct way to reply to you or if it goes to all)

3 Likes

Having the same issue for about an hour. Verified that I have net connectivity via wifi and even attempted using cellular. I read above that the homebase needs to connect to their servers prior to delivering our local recordings. If thatā€™s the case then this eufy 2C kit that I have, was falsely advertised to me. This sounds like a class action lawsuit unless they update this in a manner thatā€™ll allow us to opt outā€¦

5 Likes

Same issuesā€¦ unable to connect to the online serversā€¦

3 Likes

Mine is down too, does anyone know their customer service number? I need to call themā€¦ this is not acceptable.

3 Likes

Can imagine support work on Chinese time

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue Today! :rage: really need a class action, if homebase is connected to the server all the time. I wouldā€™ve bought nest doorbell instead of this doorbell

4 Likes

Same problem here. It started intermittently this afternoon. Now it is completely out. I have invested in the doorbell and the Eufycam2 and now Iā€™m getting ready to send it back. This is an incredibly stupid design flaw. Especially given the fact that it was discovered 9 months ago. Their servers should not be the achilles heel in the chain. Iā€™m pissed and ready to join or organize.

4 Likes

Hey mate, same issues here. Terrible design flaw and am going to take mine back and pay the extra for the Arlo system. Happens too many times. Thought the system was reliable for the first few weeks, now I have no faith in this company to provide a solid resolution, nor do they get back to you via chat or email.

4 Likes

Funny thoughā€¦ Not one of the YouTube reviewerā€™s encountered this issue over a span of years. I did what I thought was exhaustive research only to discover this fatal flaw (after my installation). Obviously the support site was the place to investigate, not YouTube.

4 Likes

same thing here, getting notifications from the app detecting movement and can still view the cameras live feed but cannot view events or even load them. pisspoor effort considering it defeats the entire purpose of ā€˜localā€™ storage.

5 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™ve lodged a complaint with the ACCC this morning and I advise you all to do so as well. I work for a company that stocks these and donā€™t want anyone else to have to go through this nonsense, considering I bought these after a break-inā€¦

7 Likes

New customer, just installed my cameras two days ago. And now this! Agree with the comments above - this is crazy! The whole purpose with local storage/no contract is to be self sufficient localy and no need to be connected to a cloud account. Would not have bought this system if I had knownā€¦

6 Likes

seems like a fresh error thatā€™s recurred for many users today June 12. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

3 Likes