Donate $75 to help three great causes and you'll receive a tech bundle valued at $250 or more

its like one has to register to get selected for the 1000 mystery boxes, once selected - the registered user can place the order within 48 hours (that was my case) and $60 of the proceedings will go to the charity as donation, with $19.69 for taxes and shipping.

In the essence, anyone who actually donates (or who orders) for this event does get a mystery box…

Hope @Ankerofficial donated some HD projectors, over the ear headphones, and other awesome items to this event :yum:

1 Like

whatever I (we) get , will put the pics here … :smiley:

1 Like

I have noticed this website and thought the same… but i think they have used the same template as anker website… out of curiosity i even ordered something from iclever l, just to see if the packaging is same anker. The packaging was different though… :slight_smile: will post pictures later…

Fair play mate. Not every day, donation a good amount gets rewarded.

Im guessing a good reason for doing so, was the monetary reward … 80 for 250 in goods. Reminds me of those 90s auction lots that would randomly.pop up in a city… Come on you lovely people, look at all this, I don’t want 250 , I don’t want 100, or even 90, come on a tiny 80 gets you this massive pile of tech!

Hahahaha

Get home, and not a single thing works, and no sign of them. As was less than 100 on your card, no refund from your bank. Oops! Another expensive brick…

Nope, not saying that this time, but anyone else remember those special clearance house auctions? Dodgy as ffffffffff! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the one reason why this event pulled my attention were the charities and Anker brand association … hope the donation reaches the needy and genuine working items reach the donors :slight_smile:

and yes, I had a hearty laugh reading the above, i have had this experience once already, duped on a 256GB USB drive… :smiley:

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve forward this to the team.

Some of the items I see on the site anker actually didn’t design, they just sell a version that they pay royalties for (looking at the ergonomically mouse, and folding keyboard).

Just got the “mystery box” and items I received are redundant, don’t know what I will do with these …

Not a single item from Anker or sister brands… @AnkerOfficial

The packaging itself told the items I could expect inside the box :frowning:

and the items below

In the end I hope that the funds will be (100%) be put towards these charities

4 Likes

Shame no Anker gear, but hey if ya dont want any of those, I could always use the tile :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol was about to say the same. I’m going to buy the slim one for my wallet…

Anker should make one of these :thinking:. Only problem is they have to gave enough popularity to work correctly, which anker probably couldn’t get because tile already has such a big name…

1 Like

The only reason this box is worth 250is due to the full retail price of the JBL, the rest are sub 20 each.

So good they promised that 60 of your donation will get devided amongst the said charities.

1 Like

Ouch, sorry to hear that but at least you’ve done your bit for charity this week :wink:

2 Likes

It was for a good cause but very deceptive marketing by CNET - not sure who duped whom? , event mentioned about HD Projector, Dashcams and Blenders – all of which fall under Anker’s product portfolio (which got my attention the first place), but not a single item from Anker. I am not feeling sour for the fact that I didnt get these, at least be true to the word without gimmicks. I am happy nonetheless,

OH NO!!!

Can I refuse mine? :joy:

1 Like

That’s disappointing. No Anker products. But at least it was for a good cause and you actually got something for your good deed.

1 Like

Quite disappointing.
Really hope the money is used for they told.

1 Like

Sorry you didn’t get any Anker branded stuff. Some people posted what they got and there were Anker branded things like a powerhouse 200 in one and a Mars lite in another. Lucky stiffs. Anyhow it’s on the twitter link below

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CheapskateMysteryBox?src=hash

Hope all is really “true” what is to be seen there.
I would trust in more, seeing some stuff from other forumners here.

1 Like

It’s really really lucky… Powerhouse, Mars Lite… just wow… I missed out :frowning:

thanks for sharing, looks like couple of posts looked similar to what I received.

@Shenoy hard luck dude… but atleast you did the right thing by making a generous donation to a charity. May be its time to shower your family and friends with some of the gifts you got. Whatever you got is still not bad, imagine getting cheap iPhone cases or micro USB cables.

People who got mars lite, powerhousethey shouls have bought a lottery ticket…

1 Like