Connectivity and Sync Issues with Soundcore Life 2

I got a pair of Soundcore Life 2 headphones a few months ago when I spotted a really good deal on the gift box on Amazon. I was super happy with them for months, use them every day, but recently I’ve been running into a couple of issues. I upgraded to Catalina a couple of days ago and since that happened, my Macbook Pro will randomly reroute the audio through the internal speakers rather than the headphones. When I try to change the audio output back to the headphones, it either straight-up doesn’t work, or the volume icon on my Macbook just cycles back and forth as if it’s trying to connect to the headphones. The headphones don’t ever fully disconnect from my Macbook’s Bluetooth, though. This leaves me having to power the headphones down and then back on again in order to get the headphones to reconnect with my laptop with full functionality. This would be an annoyance I’d be willing to live with if it were once a day or even every few hours, but it does this every twenty minutes sometimes. I’ve tried restarting my computer, leaving my headphones plugged in overnight to make sure they’re fully charged, clearing the paired devices from my Macbook, but nothing seems to work. I thought I’d solved it by deleting the bluetooth.plist file and then restarting my laptop and repairing, but it just occurred again so I obviously didn’t.
Secondarily, when I’m watching twitch streams or youtube, there is a pretty sizeable desync between video and audio. It usually figures itself out after the first bit of the video, but it would still be nice if it didn’t happen at all.

Any help with either or both of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Neither of these were problems I had before Catalina was a thing, so I’m assuming Apple did something stupid. I’m hoping someone here has a workaround or a fix.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your life 2. I’m not all that familiar with Mac OS and some should be around shortly to help with it. My suggestion would be to contact support service@soundcore.com and let them know exactly what the issue is, what trouble shooting steps you have preformed, serial number, order number, and when you purchased the set. These are all questions they may ask during the support process and will speed up the process.

try opening up Finder and then click on ‘Go’ in the top menu, then ‘Go to Folder…’. Type in ‘/Library/Preferences’.

From there, you should see a file called "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ". Select and delete the file (or move it to another folder for safe keeping), then restart your Mac and try connecting your Bluetooth device again.

3 Likes

This sounds like a LINUX “healing process”! :rofl:
But Apple IOS is UNIX based, so I understand!
Hope this folder is not hidden or protected!

Already tried this actually. It worked for about 14 hours and then the issue cropped up again.

Since it’s still occurring try to reset PRAM/NVRAM after updating to Catalina so that any old data should be removed from the cache.

• Shut down your Mac.
  • Turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R.
  • You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.
  • You will need a wired keyboard to perform this reset, and the keyboard must be an Apple keyboard.
1 Like

Shift+Option+Click on Bluetooth icon and resetting the Bluetooth Module as well as Removing all Devices before restarting seems to have solved the issue. Been over a day since it’s done it last so fingers crossed.
Thank you for the suggestions, if it turns out that what I did hasn’t resolved the issue, I’ll try resetting the RAM.

This worked 100% on my 2017 MacBook Pro! THANK YOU!!!

1 Like