Coming Soon: PowerCore Solar 20000

Anker is developing a larger solar-powered portable charger… Take a look at PowerCore Solar 20000!

Details are currently unavailable, so stay tuned for additional information as the release nears.

Are you interested in Anker's larger solar-powered portable charger? Be sure to let us know with a reply!
9 Likes

Interested since I just got done with a camping trip and this would have been useful. Need to get some testers for this or the PowerCore Solar 10000. Curious to how much charge I could get in Ohio summer time sun.

1 Like

To-do list:

• Innovation in fold-out.
  • Innovation in propping up a fold-out so it doesn’t flop.
  • Innovation in the underlying cell chemistry so it doesn’t age in heat.

com-add-text%20(19)

Agree a review is required.

For now you can extrapolate for size to make some minimum.

• Using the 10Ah version
  • is Product Dimensions : 16.43 x 7.82 x 1.98 cm; 267.62 Grams
  • excluding bezels, assuming ratio of size is ratio of Wattage.
  • the 21W version is 26.4× 11.1in opened of which 1/4th is not a panel
  • the 21W is reviewed as giving off about 14W in good conditions, of which you’d get typically 4 hours a day.
  • so for 10A solar you’re talking of the order of 128cm2 / 1412 cm2 = 0.1557 the solar surface area
  • so if a large panel is 15W, a small one is 2.33W.
  • if 10Ah is 3.7V 37Wh, using 2/3rds efficiency rule, the 10Ah is requiring 55Wh of energy so a 2.33W is requiring 23.8 hours of sun to recharge. So you’d expect in good conditions 6 days to recharge the 10Ah version, excluding the trickle charge period which nearly doubles it. About 80% full at 5 days, 100% full at 10 days.
  • a 20Ah, assume the surface area is 1.4x bigger. That’s probably generous.
  • so a 20Ah will need double the energy and gets 1.4 more in per unit time, so will take 34 hours of sun, excluding trickle charge. Including trickle charge 80% charged in 7 days, 100% full at 14 days.
  • Therefore you’d expect about 8 days to recharge this product.
  • Because Lithium dislikes heat less when empty, solar would be better at turning it from 0% to 20% so you’d get more success when it is empty. If not empty, if you used it each night and then left in sun, then you’d fair less well with the chemistry.

Happy to review if sent to find actuals.

5 Likes

Twice the capacity tripple the solar charge time @Insider?
The 10000mah stated day to charge in the sun, bet this states weeks :flushed:

2 Likes

It shows that Anker is putting efforts to bring more solar chargers. Yet to see how it performs in real world and in the true North :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What about using the 21watt solar panel to charge this? I know that it would take a long time but I’m thinking charging this up via the 21 watt solar panel and then if this was out in the sun as well. Would it charge any faster with two inputs of you will of solar energy?

Yes the 21W panel would charge this rapidly.

The 21W panel gives between 10W and 14W depending on conditions, hence why it is dual output so if you get over 10W then the 2nd port can usefully soak it up. A good pairing with the 21W panel is the dual input Powercore II or the dual input Powercore 26800 or say a Powercore + something else (phone, etc).

3 Likes

It’s interesting, but I don’t know if it would be all that useful to me on an everyday basis. Given the increasing frequency of wildfires and earthquakes here in California, I feel like this would be a good addition to an emergency kit kept around the house or in a car. This is all just based on my first impression of it, of course.

2 Likes

So you have two types of emergency kits.

The minimalist one which is the run out of the house quickly kit is a daysack, it is water (your greatest need usually) some food, a Powercore, a charger, you’d need to last hours until emergency accomodation is found so possibly a basic shelter (tarp, to shade or insulation)

The non-minimalist one you’d potentially keep in the car for when you flee in a more controlled way, not running out a building, there you’d have lot, and of course the car, so more water, more clothing. Some people put this larger one in a metal box in the garden so if they flee an earthquake they don’t re-enter the building but go around outside and collect items from their larger kit.

The issue with this small solar panel is it’s not far off useless, it’s adds about 50% more volume / weight but you can’t be assured of sunshine and it takes days to make 50% recharged. No, you’d want either a 21W solar panel, which is actually very useful and I’d consider in a non-minimalist kit, and/or just plenty / large Powercore.

The greatest need is water, followed by shelter, followed by food, then gadgets and a simple gadget is just a big Powercore. Emergency shelters you’d probably get within 24 hours so that’s how much power you should store, which for most people is about 10Ah per person to keep a phone going.

I own one Anker 21W and two Choetech 19W panels. The Choetech has a better pouch, in my emergency kit in the pouch is a 10Ah Powercore. These solar panels give off 10W typically, so the 40Wh Powercore is fully recharged in about 6 hours of sunshine typically.

2 Likes

You could probably get your phone charged, flip the powercore solar and cook an egg lol

Jk jk guys

I’d be interested if it actually works pretty good

3 Likes

I like that idea @ikari04warrior
An Anker hotplate :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lol make sure to submit that next time they ask for ideas lol

2 Likes

Now that’s an ideal camping tool. A charger and cooker. Goodbye little propane camping stove :crazy_face:.

3 Likes

Now if Anker comes out with one of them make sure they give you credit lol

1 Like

Interesting test pan plan

3 Likes

Lol it would be a slow cooking pan

1 Like

I can’t wait

1 Like

1 Like

Will it have the micro USB port or will a USB-C version be inline with this model? Being that this has a larger capacity than the smaller version and USB-C seems to be more and more common