Any news about Geofencing?

Me too. I can’t use geofencing until I can combine it with my schedule. It just won’t work with the way I have set up my schedule. I have some cameras on even when I’m at home, based on a schedule.

2 Likes

cool, you are so smart

That would be a nice feature indeed!

1 Like

For some reason, my wife’s phone is still in status “not available”, despite the fact that the app is allowed to use the location at all times.

1 Like

The same goes for my wife and I as well if I take her off it works just fine…

Hi,

Are you able to turn on the cameras when you leave home or turn off when you arrive home? Becasue, I’m not able to configure that option in my EufyCam E.

Regards

The only thing that seems to work now for my wife and I is to leave the app open on both phones all the time… this is a major problem because it really depletes my battery…

The small radius isn’t small enough.

I’m glad they added the geofencing functionality recently however it’s very buggy still.

I’ve got both me and my wife’s phone registered for geofencing.

Unless i keep opening the app on both our phones, the geofencing feature doesn’t work at all.

If either of us leave the geofence zone, it rarely registers that we have left. It only does if we open the Eufy security app. after we leave the zone.

If either of us return to geofence zone, it rarely registers that we have returned. It only does so if we open the Eufy security app after we return to the zone.

We’re both running the latest Eufy security app on iPhones with latest iOS version

I hope this gets made a lot more robust soon. Other apps such as Canary security app and Life 360 are able to detect geofences super accurately and robustly… so it’s not a limitation of the hardware or the iOS platform.

Alternatively if Anker finally implement IFTTT (as promised) then i could just use Life 360 to trigger whether to arm/disarm Eufycam accurately…

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spam Links 18th Dec

@AnkerSupport: why is it so difficult to move the geofencing function out of the beta status? The function itself is still very buggy and it not really usable. We all have paid for the equipment like cameras etc and we as users would like to use them with all the functions.
So, why isn’t it possible to provide a working geofencing function? Other programmers are
able to provide apps with working geofencing.

I do not want to switch my status from home to away by hand when I leave my house and vice versa. I want a working geofencing not in status beta.

Please don’t ask what doesn’t work - read through all the threads and go through your support requests.

First time poster here after becoming frustrated with the Eufy app!
A few things, some which have been mentioned already:

1. Scheduling/geofencing - I’d very much like my garage to be alarmed at night when I’m home.
  2. Geofencing and users - why oh why do I have to have users as an admin for them to use geofencing?! I don’t want everyone to have access to the settings!
  3. Geofencing accuracy - could be improved.
  4. A WiFi extender to increase the network size please!

The first 3 should be a relatively easy software update.

How do you get somebody to accept the geofencing settings? Every time my wife or I try to accept the geofence option on the app it doesn’t do anything.

All the options in settings are set for Eufy to be allowed locations etc but the phone is either Waiting or unavailable.

Can you power off Eufy devices? I have seen the question asked in this forum but cannot find an answer. It is important to us that we can power down the devices completely. Does Eufy give you this option. I have been asking this question directly but am struggling to get a straight answer. I have been told that you can “turn off” the cameras from the App - and then turn it back on from the App. But obviously if you can do the latter it obviously is not powered down.

In case this is of interested to anyone else, I have received the following reply from Eufy Support …

From: support=eufylife.com@mailbox.eufylife.com [mailto:support=eufylife.com@mailbox.eufylife.com] On Behalf Of eufylife support team
Sent: 29 January 2021 09:47

Please know that I have double confirmed with our end-back engineering team: the camera can be totally turned off by quickly click the SYNC button for 5 times. This will turn off the camera (the camera’s battery) completely.

‘For those interested in the status of using the Schedule mode within Geofencing, here’s a reply I got from EufyHome to my question on Amazon.
"We are sorry that we can’t use the schedule as an “at home” mode within geofencing been programmed yet, but we have passed on your feedback to our product team. They will take this into serious consideration based on all customers’ feedback. "

EufyHome
[Seller ] February 20, 2021