Anker Soundcore Rave will not pair with Motorola G7 Power (Not discoverable?)

Hi - I have an Anker Soundcore Rave. I’ve had since December. Its not very old. I cannot discover it with my bluetooth smart phones. I was working fine about 3 weeks ago, but I haven’t used the Soundcore since then.

I had Motorola Moto Z for the last 3 years. The Soundcore Rave was able to pair with the Moto Z for the last few months.

2 days ago I bought a Moto G7 Power. The G7 Power cannot discover the Soundcore. I have tried yesterday and today many times.

So, I have double checked the phone is up-to-date, and included trying checking bluetooth drivers. No luck. So I got out my old phone, the Moto Z, and to my dissapointment, the Moto Z now also does not see the Soundcore Rave.

Next I tried my Alienware Laptop with built-in bluetooth. The Alienware also cannot see the Soundcore Rave.

All 3 of my bluetooth devices can all successfully pair with other devices I own. 2 different JBL speakers, and ODT Rhino Headphones, Samsung Soundbar, as well as other laptops, and in-car bluetooth audio.

This success leads me to believe there is nothing broken with the bluetooth on the cell phones.

I also tried pressing the reset button on the Anker Soundcore Rave. This also did not change anything.

What should I do next? In total I estimate I have used the Soundcore Rave about 16 hours since purchase and it looks like new.

Next attempt: remove the bt list from one of your phones which got connected before and try connect the speaker again with his device first. (all other devices should be turned off of course.)
Otherwise it seems to be defective.
As the speaker is under warranty contact the support for further assistance and help.
service@soundcore.com

1 Like

Please try the following steps:

1. Press both the " Bluetooth " and " Vol+ " buttons for 8 to 10 seconds to reset .
  2. Turn off the speaker and turn your Bluetooth device’s Bluetooth off and then on again.
  3. Clear all the pairing records on your Bluetooth device.
  4. Restart your speaker and reconnect it with your Bluetooth device.
1 Like

Looks like a duplicate post, already posted here

@ndalby @TechnicallyWell can you please merge the threads

@Daniel_Kastner looks like you followed step to reset via the port on Soundcore Rave…
Send an email with detailed steps you have done so far to Soundcore Support Service@Soundcore.com

Let us know the outcome if the above helps and response from the Soundcore Support.

3 Likes

Make sure Bluetooth is on

Thanks folks. Sorry about the duplicate post. Yes, I have tried everything possible at this point.

I’ll see what service@soundcore.com tells me.

Speaker is like-new condition, so I’m really baffled right now.

Thank you! You are right, I did not try this thanks! So i cleared the cache and the phones, reset the phones. Then I tried clearling all bluetooth data from the phones. Still nothing.

The phones can still connected to other speakers I have, so I’m sure its not the phones.

Thanks again. I’ll see what what the service@soundcore.com tells me.

1 Like

Seems you tried everything we suggested.
So the speaker could be really defective.
I am sure you will get help from the outstanding support.
Dont worry!

@Daniel_Kastner Thank you for reaching out to Anker, and we are so sorry to know the issue with your SoundCore Rave speaker. Please get the speaker in AUX mode and press the “D” button for 10 seconds to reset the speaker; then restart the speaker and your device to test again.