Anker soundcore liberty air

I was apparently lucky enough to be one of the first people to purchase the liberty Air ear buds so I figured a review was in order. I’m travelling and had to check my bag with the box so “unboxing” pictures will have to wait.

The charging case has a micro usb plug and came approximately 75% charged so I was able to try them out right away. They come with one rubber earpiece attached and 3 additional sets in the package to ensure you get good fit. The multipad to turn them on, play and answer calls takes a little getting used to since there isn’t an actual button you press. A light tap on the back of the ear bud activates it without any tactile response. It was different, but worked well once I got the hang of it.

They fit my ears well and were quite comfortable after a 2 1/2 hour flight and an hour walking around the airport before the flight. They aren’t “noise canceling” but they did block most of the external noise including my gate change announcement… Whoops.

Sound quality is pretty decent. The bass isn’t as loud as I would like but I can live with that. I’ve had other Anker headphones that were almost all treble so I was happy to see that wasn’t the case with these. However, attempting to use the equalizer on pi music player on my Android changes it to 100% trebel no matter what setting I put it on so that had to be disabled.

I’ve had several “truly wireless” ear buds including Bose that were twice the price and they all cut out pretty regularly, especially the left (slave) ear bud. I could turn my head a certain way or put my phone in my left pocket and get constant cut outs. This has NOT happened with the Air’s and I couldn’t be more thrilled about that.

I did notice that if I listened to just the right ear bud for a bit then turned on the left it would pair up right away and half the time stopped the playback on my phone. Not sure exactly what was causing it but I’ll continue to test it.

So far my only complaint has been with the call quality. I’ve made two calls so far and only had audio out of the right ear bud that was pretty faint even though the call volume was turned all the way up. I’d say it was approximately 1/3 of the volume the music played at. The other party also said they had a hard time hearing me to the point I had to switch to the handset on my second call. I’ll try to get with customer support Monday to see if there is something configuration wise I need to adjust.

Overall, I like the ear buds and if I can get the call quality improved they will be a key part of my travel gear from this point forward.

7 Likes

Thank you for the thorough review. I have had the same problem with different equalizers in the past, some work with some head phones others do not. My advice is to just test out a few and see what works for you. As for the call Quality I would imagine you would have to speak pretty loudly in a loud environment like the airport to be heard on the other end given the microphones placement on the buds. The call being quiet doesn’t sound quite right I wonder how it works on other devices. You should also be hearing your calls through both buds. Again test the downfalls on another phone to see if it’s the headphones or your phone that is the problem.

3 Likes

For those who weren’t aware of these earbuds. They are in-ear AirPod style earbuds. I’m anxious to get my hands on a pair and test them out!

2 Likes

Its surprising you had issues on calls, there are two microphones on each earbud to aid in call quality and volume. It could just be your phones setting, or even your bluetooth setting. As far as one earbud playing, that is odd as these are advertised as dual calling with each earbud

1 Like

I agree, it’s definitely strange. It could also be my wives phone as she’s had random issues with hers and that’s who I was talking to. Normally I’d agree with you on the airport noise but this time it was pretty dead and quiet where I was so I don’t believe that was the issue. I’ll be testing it out more tomorrow and I getting some pictures as well.

2 Likes

What type of phone are you using the buds with? so myself and the other members can offer more specific things to try. There are some pretty knowledgeable folks here. Anker has the best customer service of any company I’ve ever dealt with & they will be more than happy to assist you to make sure you’re fully satisfied. Constructive criticism is welcome here. Again welcome to the community. I hope to see you around how often you write a solid review​:+1::sunglasses::+1:

I recommend testing the earbuds with another phone to narrow down the problem and see if it is your phone or the earbuds.

2 Likes

Any chance of snapping a few pics of the earbuds and case

1 Like

I think he signed off for the evening but he said there were unboxing pictures to come.

1 Like

That’s what I am using to say like a prayer mill.

Use equalizers, use those were you can adjust about 10 frequencies.
Those which are offering simple adjustments like: “classic”, “jazz” etc.
are quite useless.
Meanwhile there exist such a lot of applications offering those “good” equalizers everybody might find one fitting for his equipment.

And of course each speaker or ear bud need a characteristic adjustment.

1 Like

Here you go, pictures as requested.

4 Likes

Nice pics. btw the earbud is in the wrong ear in the last pic.

2 Likes

Lol, I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

1 Like

I imagine You can actually wear them opposite ears if you have them flipped up :wink:

Touche. That means his Halloween costume is taken care of, alien antenna ears.

Edit* I hate that the reply button doesn’t work all of the time. @elmo41683 I wonder if you still get points when I use the reply button but it doesn’t show a direct reply.

1 Like

Any thoughts/opinions on how secure these would be for fitness activities such as running seeing as they don’t have any wingtip options like the liberty lite’s?

I’ve been holding off on buying the lite’s since I stumbled across these as I like the look of these more and I tend to find the earpod style earphones more comfortable for me but I would also want something to use at the gym too.

Regardless, nice to see these in the wild as I was a bit disappointed there was no mention of them at the OnBoard event the other day… Now we just need an official word on when they will be available to the masses (and me up in Canada…).

1 Like

Here’s a brickseek link for them to see if they are in your area.

I’m not sure on the fitness activity side just yet. I’ll test that out today.

1 Like

Nice review and pics !

Thanks for sharing your review (and pictures)!

Great review and pictures. Call quality is the most important aspect for me and great to know your feedback about it. Keep us posted what anker support says about the issue.

I’m curious to know whether it is an issue with the phone or the headphones and what type of phone he was using.

1 Like