Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 vs Anker Soundcore Life P2

Hi, I’m a new member of this community, I’m looking for a pair of new earbuds and I found a lot of interesting reviews talking about the Liberty Air 2, but I’m Italian and this model isn’t even “coming soon” on Amazon.it, or any physical store whatsoever…

So, in the meantime, I looked on the Soundcore store in Amazon and I found this pair of earbuds, the Life P2. By looking at the product informations, they seemed to me as a valid alternative to the Liberty Air 2, but unfortunately they are almost unknown, there is just one review on YT and no reviews at all on Google, and with this lack of opinions and informations I’m not very confident about the purchase…

So I was wondering: what are the differences between the Liberty Air 2 and the Life P2 to justify the price difference?

And also, I would like to know from someone who owns this pair of earbuds (the Life P2) about few things (latency on YT and Netflix, how the Bluetooth works if you are in a different room than your phone, if they stay in your ear while running, how is the noise isolation, how does they sound compared to the Liberty Air 2 or the Liberty Air for example, how is the case…).

Thanks in advance! Andrea

2 Likes

Same! I want to hear what everyone else thinks before clicking the “purchase” button.

2 Likes

Give me a week and I can give you my honest review on this product…I’m just waiting for it to arrive, then a few days of use and then my review

3 Likes

There are now 2 new videos on YT about the Life P2, here are the links. Not so many informations given tbh (just the ones that we can all read on Anker’s website and on Amazon)…

While we wait for @Tank review (can’t wait to hear from you!), is there anyone else who can give us his opinion about these earbuds?

@Tank is very experienced in testing earbuds and speakers and such, so his review Should be pretty useful.

@MacBlank has them, and has been using them.

1 Like

Ugh that second video was so hard to watch. At times I wanted to tell him to just stop and leave it for someone else to do, didn’t talk much about anything which is pointless.

I will do a video review @TechMan get on me and make sure I get it done. And dont forget by weeks end, like Sunday.

1 Like

Hehe, will do.

1 Like

Hello guys,

I am the author on the first video (purple thumb). In fact there is another video on youtube which provides more useful information.

It`s here:

My video was is an unboxing video as I just got my Life P2`s yesterday and directly shot it! I am using them all day already, will probably do a full review.

But because this is a very valid question liberty air vs Life P2, let me try to share some feedback here, perhaps it is useful.

Also, have in mind they just release Liberty Air 2 (but only in US for now??!) for 99.99 USD - they are currently sold on best buy… there is already a CNET review on them… but back to LIfe P2.

So guys, I am sharing my initial 1 full day usage (and night :slight_smile: of Soundcore Life P2, exclusive here, hope that helps.

1. Initial Overview

Seems like a nice product, though charging case does not close with magnet, but the earbuds do have a magnet connection with the charger. They have a rather sturdy, and firm build quality, dont look and feel cheap. I bought them for 45 EUR from a guy who bought them from the UK, but they are 59.99 USD.

Charge is with USB C - which is pretty cool.

1. Sound Quality & connectivity

WOW. Blew my mind. Why? Are they so good? Not sure, but really expected something worse. I came from Jabra Elite 45E which are meant to be rather mediocre in terms of sound reproduction but I do like the sound a lot.

So Life P2 get`s really a thumbs up from me on sound quality! But bear in mind, that is subjective. What I can say is overall bass reproduction quite ok, Mids and Highs are also displayed well, no muffling and overtaking. I guess more specific tests should be made, but what is important, they do sound OK and perhaps BETTER than OK for the average consumer.

Also - very important - APTX - no lags in YouTube, HBO GO, streaming music from Spotify/Deezer and Mixcloud is just a pleasure. Tested all of that - sound quality w/o hiccups

1. Controls

You know they do only come with a knob which can be used to select next/previous track defendant on which earbud you press. The knob is to be pressed, no touch sensitivity. People usually complain that there is no way to control volume via the earbuds but you need to use your phone and that is right … and wrong.

Wrong, because when you press the button of either bud for a longer you can tell google assistant to lower the volume, or set it to 50% or whatever, so technically this is the work arround if you don`t want to pull out your device:)

1. Call Quality

That is the most important thing for me as I do take a lot of calls work related… .and often am in noisy areas. Unfortunately as I kind of hinted in my video… I was not putting a lot of hope in the CvC 8.0 noise cancellation as this is only PNC (Passive Noise Cancellation) and does filter some of the unwanted frequencies but is not even close to what ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) does.

Sadly my fear was confirmed. Tested in my car with the radio on - the call on the other end - at some points was struggling to understand my voice. For the record - I am using OnePlus 7 Pro, the caller OnePlus 7.

Now when using VoLTE on my OnePlus 7 Pro and calling somebody on the same carrier with VoLTE - the call quality is far better.

Still if you are outside and there is wind, sometimes my callers reported to not been able to hear and understand me at all.

I was also carrying the Jabra Elite 45e which also has PNC, but delivers a better job. For the record the Jabra is not truly wireless hence he mic is in a closer position to my mouth.

Here we have 2 mics on each bud, so 4 all together, and yes, they are good enough for doing calls in quite environments up to medium loud. When it gets really busy, like outside of the street with cars passing and many people speaking - your callers will have hard time to understand you.

Something I am missing from Jabra, they do not have the option to allow you to listen to your own voice when in calls, but clearly Jabra are oriented more towards heavy callers.

1. Comfort

Actually, I am quite impressed. I am using them with the provided tips, and in the box there are 4 more different sized tips! The best thing is that the one it came, are so tight, that when I do wear them, I can hardly hear anybody talking to me, which is a very good noise isolation :slight_smile:

And this helps also with sound, there is not a big leak, so when people are talking heavily around you, you do not need to put the volume up.

The charging case is not big but not small, so I had to leave it in my car, but then … you dont have somewhere to put the buds, so ideally you need to take it.

1. Battery

For this one day I am even not close of testing this, clearly the battery is a monster and the 40 hours top op from the charger will be sufficient for me for a whole week I suppose.

1. Controls

As said, each bud has a knob you should press for track forward, pause, take call, reject and etc, common functions. The thing is that when you do push the knob, the tip gets really into your ear, so I had to hold them with my finger when pushing to prevent that from happening. Not very convenient but once you used to it - it `s perfect.

So controls - nothing special - limited - but still - core functions are there + you can use voice assistant to perform additional tweaks. No touch as said.

1. Mono/Stereo Mode

I love that. You can just take one bud and use it as a headset, or even when listen to music, you can give the other bud to your friend. That`s nice.

1. Water resistant

Did not test that yet

1. Overall

Overall I am very happy with the buds. I am trying to buy Liberty Air 2, they seem to do even a better job on the passive noice cancellation - though I am rather not convinced about that, but the CNET reporter said that his callers were able to clearly pick his lines when he was in a bust street, not bad.

But back to Life P2 - they are good. If you are not putting everything on call quality, they will do the job, even better than average.

Guys, hope that helps. Ask me anything, I am continuing my tests. Will probably shoot a video with my final verdict.

P. S. They are not supported in the Soundcore app. Yet? We will see.

4 Likes

May want to copy and paste that review with some pictures of the P2, over to its own thread :wink:. More people will see it that way.

Sure, will do that.

:+1:

Done! :slight_smile:

Still testing but … very happy as of now. I just need some time off for my ears before I can continue.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood what I meant :slight_smile:.

If you open the menu, and hit the “new” button, you will have an option to open a new thread. Far more people will see the review that way.

Btw, it’s a great review.

Another tip. If you go to the spot that you posted the review with the pictures, and hit the edit button, you can just copy and paste the whole thing- pictures and all.

Got your point, I saw that there was already a review, but makes sense, will open another thread.

Tnx.

1 Like

It’s Sunday, anyone can share his ideas about the two pairs of buds? I’m very curious about the battery life (if what the box says is true), about the latency on Netflix/Youtube/Prime Video, and also about the comfort while running (I want a pair of buds that are stable while running).

Meanwhile, there is a great offer on the Life P2 on Amazon.fr, they are selling this model at 39€ (that’s 43$), I think this is one of the lowest price ever on this model.

Did @Tank put up a review? Hoping for a comparison on these two.

I will soon, I just got the liberty air 2 the other day so give me another day or two with them and I’ll get the review going

Any chance you’d be willing to give a 30-second, thumbs up, thumbs down summary? Hoping to choose between the two of these while they’re on sale for Black Friday.

Mostly, I’m interested in if there’s a going to be a big difference between case sizes, build quality, and audio quality between the two.

@Sacha_Sayan Sorry for the late reply here is the life p2 and liberty air 2 side by side

If you plan on using the soundcore app for equalizer and touch configuration then the liberty air 2 is a great buy. But if you have no intention on using the app and do not like touch control and prefer the physical click of button presses then the life p2 is a great alternative at half the price. The liberty air 2 is slightly louder than the life P2, but sound quality wise they are almost on par with one another…the liberty air 2 winning when used with the app for equalizer settings. So either one is a great buy imo

1 Like

The p2 isn’t exactly half the price. Still $60

Great written review! :clap: