Anker Soundcore Flare Plus poor sound quality

I recently received a soundcore flare plus for Christmas. It is honestly the best speaker I have ever had, but I ran into a problem that I am unable to fix. I use the speaker constantly with my computer to listen to music and for gaming, except the speaker suddenly began to produce poor quality sound when playing anything on my computer, this includes Spotify, youtube, etc. It’s not horrible, but it’s a clear and annoying difference, as it now sounds like a 30 dollar budget speaker compared to what it was. I thought it was a low battery, so I charged it even though it was still at 30 percent, which should be plenty of power. When that didn’t work, I tried everything from moving to different areas of the house and restarting my computer and speaker. What makes this issue especially mind-boggling is the fact that it still works splendously with my phone. Everything played from my phone to my speaker still sounds like the Flare plus I came to love. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have a 2019 HP Spectre, so it shouldn’t have problems like this, but it seems like it is the computer. Should I contact HP? I already contacted Anker. I really want to fix this because I listen to the majority of my music on my computer.

Try the stuff I wrote in this. Make sure it’s using “Stereo” setting. If it’s a different problem, let us know

1 Like

Check the Soundcore app and see if there is an update for the speaker, maybe it helps

Hey, did you manage to fix this problem? I have the exact same issue.

I’ve had the speaker for about two years, always worked really well, except that on rare occasions the sound would suddenly switch to this much poorer quality. Disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth always worked, so it was never a problem. However, since a couple of days it has been staying in this bad quality sound when I listen from my laptop (Mac 11.6.1 running Big Sur). Tried everything: relocating, restarting, reconnecting. It has nothing to do with the sound output on my laptop. The sound is perfect when I listen from my phone, but, like you, I also listen to the majority of my music on my computer.

I’m so sad about this :frowning: