Anker Soundbuds Slim...not working with Zoom??

Bought new Slimbuds for bluetooth audio for use with new MacBook Pro. Slimbuds connect to the laptop (and other devices) for audio use EXCEPT for Zoom calls/video meetings. I receive a massive interference/loud static noise with no discernible audio. Is there an audio format/compatibility issue between the two??

3 Likes

Just received my Soundbuds Slim today, having exact same issue with Zoom. Can listen to music through the Apple Music app just fine, but zoom freaks out after just a few minutes.

1 Like

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Fully charge the earbuds
  • “Forget” the headphones in your device’s Bluetooth history and reset the earbuds by pressing Play Button & volume “+” for 5s when plugged into charging until you see the purple light two times, and then pair them again to test at the paired state
    -Try pairing the Anker headphone with another Bluetooth device.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@anker.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

No luck. Going to return them.

I have this problem too. Everything worked fine on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Late 2013), but I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro (15", 2017). When I did that, the SoundBuds slim continued to work for standard audio and applications like Spotify, but Zoom and Skype specifically don’t work (same behavior…everything is great for like 5 seconds then there is a constant ear-splitting buzz of interference). I use the same pair on another MacBook Pro (15", 2017) I use at work - on that computer I only use MS Teams for video conferencing and I don’t experience this behavior. Other than the problem with Zoom and Skype, they work great, and both apps worked fine with this headset on my older machine.

1 Like

I have had the same audio noise problem with SoundBuds Slim AND SoundBuds Curve, trying to use them with Zoom on macOS 10.15.5 on MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020).

If I select an alternate mic in Zoom I can still use the SoundBuds for my Zoom speaker, but if I select the SoundBuds mic to be used with Zoom, Zoom will freeze.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue with SoundBuds Curve on Zoom using a Macbook Pro 2016 15 inch.

I also have this problem with soundbuds slim. Has there been any solution discovered?

I’m having the same issue, with a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), on Zoom as well as Google Meet. Everything is fine for a few seconds and then there is an ear-splitting blast of static.

1 Like

Same here, this is extremely upsetting. I have had to go for completely go for new headphones for zoom calls, which is very, very annoying.

1 Like

Yup same here.
Tried two different Soundcore Spirit X - both brand new and give me massive interference. It’s only with Zoom and the MacBook (others seem to be MacBook issue only). I was only connected to MacBook and no other device.

Same interference with the 2019 Anker Curve earphone - going to have to go back to my old ones now :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing is happening here on Teams. I have a pair of Sound Curves and a MacBook Pro. I can listen to music and watch movies all night long. I love the battery life but I need these for teaching virtually. I am a music teacher and I need a reliable, comfortable pair of headphones so I can teach all day virtually on Teams. These are very comfortable but the interference sound is unfixable. These will have to go back.

My daughters Sound Spirits have the sound problem but have a connectivity issue.

1 Like

I used to had the same issue with connecting Anker Soundbuds NB10 with Zoom. Then I figured it out: the mic and speaker setting on Zoom has to be changed to the Soundbuds, not to the PC/laptop. When u’re on Zoom, u see the microphone logo on lower left side (mute/unmute). Next to it, there is an arrow sign. Click the arrow sign. “Select a Microphone” u have to click on your Soundbuds. Do the same with “Select a Speaker”, then the mic and speaker will work from your Soundbuds.

I also have the same problem. Is there really no solutions? When I switch on zoom to soundbud slim microphone, they even get disconnected.

The Zoom crash is only with the mic: I can use Soundbuds Slim or Soundbuds Curve as speakers only with Zoom, but switching to the Soundbuds mic will cause the crash. I have to use my laptop’s internal mic, but can use the Soundbuds speakers without trouble.

Same for Microsoft Teams.

+1 just got a brand new SoundBuds Curve this morning. Connected with MacBook Pro + Catalina, all apps that needed mic crashed right away.

+1 - same issue! I love these headphones, but can’t seem to use them with zoom either…just hear loads of interference if I connect them to zoom

I should have read this thread first! Bought a pair last week and they won’t work at all with Microsoft Teams. Really disappointed as I had the older model and they were great.

Guess they’ll be heading back.

I’m having the same problem with my SoundCore Spirit X and Zoom on a Windows 10 PC. Works fine with other apps. Tried everything including upgrading drivers, repairing device, tweaking settings. Still nothing.

I received my soundbuds today and they work great with Spotify, YouTube but as soon as I use for Zoom, Call etc on my Macbook Pro, they either disconnect or I get this horrendous white noise and need to switch them off immediately. I’ve tried the fix suggested by Anker below but the same thing happens?

Any ideas before I send them back, so disappointing as the reviews looked promising but this issue seems a real issue.

• Fully charge the earbuds
  • “Forget” the headphones in your device’s Bluetooth history and reset the earbuds by pressing Play Button & volume “+” for 5s when plugged into charging until you see the purple light two times, and then pair them again to test at the paired state
    -Try pairing the Anker headphone with another Bluetooth device.