Anker CES 2022

Despite the pandemic, CES still is happening this year and Anker has some new products to announce.
I found these two articles that talk about the products that have been seen from Anker and the sister brands so far. I will say the charger and projector both look really good to me. What are everyone else’s thoughts on the
new products that are coming? Was there something you were hoping to see at this year’s CES from Anker?

17 Likes

I like the design of all these.
Thank you for sharing this information.

2 Likes

Is it wrong that I want to test all of these???

3 Likes

The Anker 535 Portable Power Station is already sold out. I don’t know how quickly they sold out but man I wanted this.

I just purchased a 120W solar panel and would love to have true emergency power. I’ve already bought and tested a couple of “solar generators” by other brands and were not reliable. Hoping for the best with this unit. Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is a game changer

2 Likes

I find you can get a certain amount of knowledge by some of the surveys they have you do from email, community or apps which is like an unofficial CES. Lolol

3 Likes

I love seeing the new tech! I might need to get one of those garage control cams!

1 Like

Another great find and share Kaitlyn.

1 Like

for those also interested there were some old products that have already come out also featured at this years CES not mentioned in all the articles I’ve seen since they are looking for what’s new. The pick below is from the CES 2022 awards site and shows the Soundcore frames that were released last year as well and the Soundcore liberty 3 pro that were released last year. They also featured the Anker PowerConf H700 which is a part of the Anker Work focused line

I got a 220w solar panel for our camper since we do off-grid camping. I would really really love that portable power station to take with us.

1 Like

The video bar sounds good for my home monitor setup - even though my laptop has a camera built in, with a secondary monitor I am never looking in the right place and it is awkward. But for $180 I will probably just live with it for now.

The 100W Nano 2 sounds great, although I dont see pricing yet. And why include a USB-A port? I hope there is an option without it.

Some of the other pieces sound great too, but those are the ones that caught my eye. Thanks for sharing.

Have you thought of making something yourself? There are some who live exclusively in a van and they buy and build their own power solution for off-grid , usually a diesel generator on a 2nd smaller engine and solar powering a battery which then powers cooking fan etc. Some manage to spend months with solar and only use generator in sustained darker periods (winter).

What I did was very old tech low tech, I use Powercore for my smaller needs, two smaller 24W solar panels to recharge them, and I store water in the freezer to act to handle power outages upto a few days. The reason I never invested in a higher Wattage portable power was it doesn’t help when you have to escape on foot.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple use cases.

• About once or twice a year we get a power outage due to weather or utility pole issue that interrupts my work (work from home). I have usb lightbulbs, battery powered emergency radios, coolers, etc. However owning a gas generator doesn’t make sense for my use with having to maintain it for occasional use.

• My family and I also go on frequent weekend trips where I still need to maintain power a high-powered (over 120W) laptop, phones, tablets, etc for my work and family. Car battery/outlet on my vehicles cap at 120W, which isn’t sufficient for my needs. Having a compact power station + solar panel is ideal.

I’ve also considered making something myself with LiFePo4 batteries, however I’ve purchased and tested two other brands of these compact units and find that they are very unreliable or have some type of QC issue. I figure if those brands can’t produce something reliable, then I wouldn’t trust myself to do any better. I trust Anker with this, and excited about the product. However, $550 seems high for a 512WH unit that they can mass produce; was really hoping for the $400-500 range.

1 Like

There’s usually a 20% discount early on. Every price has its day, the only challenge is a watched clock ticks slower.

1 Like

Agreed. They just put it up for sale yesterday, but they typically have a “early bird” sale when it is initially released that they haven’t done. Crossing my fingers. Thanks.

And just like that they dropped it to a non-sale price of $499. Now I’m hoping for the typical new-product sale that they do for a day or two.

Didnt really think about making anything else to be honest. We have 2 deep cell batteries for the camper, and the fridge and freezer runs off propane (2 30lb tanks), and the heater when its cold uses both battery and propane. Our solar panel just tops off the batteries, but having our phones etc to charge would be nice with the power station so im not taking away from the camper. We have a 2300W ‘quiet’ generator to crank up, but it’s still loud.

Escaping on foot in an emergency, we would grab our kids and to-go bags. Not sure I could grab a power station unless I had a few more minutes to think. Hmmm

Recently here in colorado, we had a major fire go through a residential area. Over 1,000 homes destroyed. Our friends know a few people that lost their house, and one in particular got a reverse 911 call and they had 10 minutes to grab and go. Came back to a burned down house. Hard to think about what I would grab in 10 mins or less.

2 Likes

They were lucky.
The people here In Germany who were affected by the flood disaster
last autumn,got no call.

1 Like

That is awful and so sad :cry:

1 Like

Always good to see new stuff come out :+1: