[Event Ended] Alexa Hits the Road

I’m looking forward to the wireless music controls. Now I’ll be able to play music and charge my phone at the same time. Good bye xm radio!

I’m excited for Alexa in the car!

Excited about the product - have the current one w/o alexa and the park feature is great with battery monitor - having alexa in this would be better than touching the phone with the iOS alexa app - safer as well - curious about the directions

Alexa in the car wouls be the best thing ever!

This would an awesome way to hear turn-by-turn directions in an old car without Bluetooth.

Awesome, I was going to put a Echo Dot in my car, found out about this amazing product while researching Anker’s car chargers. Can’t get more convenient than this Roav VIVA. So much easier now for accessing my smart home on the road and listening to my music.

Let me pose a common dilemma I have:

Phone rings

Me: Hello?

Them: Hi, this is ______. I’m calling regarding…

Me: Hold on, I need to shift gears!
Shift into 2nd
Sorry about that. Who did you say you were?

Them: As I was saying, I work for…

Me: Sorry, gotta shift again!
Shift to 3rd
I apologize. Please continue.

Them: We’ve been trying to contact you about…

Me: Sorry, stoplight! Hold on just one more second!
Stop and shift back to 1st
Okay, we should be good for a minute now.

Them: No worries. Regarding the job application you submitted, we’re interested in having you come in for a job interview. Would you be available…

Me: Shoot, light turned green! I need to shift again!
Accelerate and shift to 2nd
I’m really sorry about that.

Them: You know, I think it may be better for us to talk later.

Me: Okay, I’ll call you when I get home. Thanks.
Try to hang up phone without crashing into a telephone pole

Later, I arrive home to an email stating the position has been filled

Have you ever tried talking on the phone while driving a stick shift? It’s probably as dangerous as drunk driving. It also makes you sound like a complete fool to the person on the other end.

I’d love having a voice-activated device so I don’t have to wait til I get home to make my phone calls. I also have an Echo Plus that rocks, so expanding its capabilities to my car would be quite amazing. I also think it would be a lot safer to navigate my phone’s gps through Alexa rather than trying to thumb through the app while I drive. Really excited to see where AI integration in vehicles leads!

This is awesome! I would love to have an Anker charger with the added power of Alexa in my car!

I am most excited about the possibility of being able to envoke Alexa skills when I am in my car. I can’t wait to talk and have my garage door open and lights turn on as I pull up.

Looking forward to using Alexa in the car.

@anker’s Roav Viva is the perfect replacement for an astromech gone haywire! When flying down the trenches of the Death Star and you need hands free control, it’s the perfect companion. I can’t tell you how many time’s I’ve wanted to turn on the perfect playlist to destroy Tie fighters to, but my hands are just tied up maneuvering my X-wing. Not to mention being able to open the hangar bay door with voice control. Closest I’ll ever get to becoming a jedi!

May the Roav be with you.

Can’t wait to try this one and see how long it can take Alexa to totally “drive me” crazy too! :wink:

If I had Alexa in my car, I would hook it up to my WeMo Switch so I could turn on my Christmas Lights when I pull up. It would also be extremely nice to make my older car more modern, and allow me to do hands free talking while I’m on the road!

… Ok, actually I’m most happy at being able to use Alexa since I drive an older car that doesn’t have Bluetooth built in.

Having a highlander that has no bells and whistles the addition of the VIVA would make my drive so much easier and enjoyable!!! Hands free, Bluetooth, smart, how can anyone complain about that!!!

Continuing the discussion from Alexa Hits the Road:
Alexa, for in-car use! Now I can control my house while on the road.

I can’t wait to have Alexa in my car. :grinning:

I could use Alexa to tell me a joke after someone cuts me off!! :grin:

I am, of course, most excited for having Alexa available in my car for hands free control of music and navigation! That can make driving so much safer and I have wanted that since I got my original Echo Dot! The High Speed Charging is also going to be so nice! This is going to be a must buy!
I was also interested in this product before I saw it was Anker, which I have first hand experience knowledge that their products are top tier!

Alexa everywhere, and easily portable between cars - does it get any better?