[Active] Soundcore Wakey, Physical clock ability to turn off or on alarms, and ability to program the multi-purpose button to play ambient sounds, Nap Function; and Advice for Anker/Soundcore Update More Frequently and Release Better Updates Please! :D

True, or at least they Anker could do a better job at focusing on updating more frequently I’d hate for the Wakey to just become a dead product because it’s not getting the support or attention it deserves.

2 Likes

I think there has been a couple of firmware updates so far.
I’m in the UK and the Wakey hasn’t been available on Amazon for quite some time which is a little alarming, but that could be a consequence of the COVID outbreak.

1 Like

Do you know what the latest firmware update number is? Also I think the issue is within the Night Mode, when the display turns off sometimes my button lights don’t turn back on or the time is sometime between when I want Night Mode to stay on.

2 Likes

I dont know the latest version, my Wakey is back in the box.
My buttons never stayed lit. Only for a few seconds after use.

2 Likes

No App needed!

images

3 Likes

I remember having a double bell alarm clock.
I also remember it was nearly impossible to set the alarm accurately :thinking:

3 Likes

No problem with such “random settings”. ( + /- 1/2 hour)
If you are afraid of that incredible alarm noise you will wake up before it starts :rofl:
, not getting shocked for the whole day.

3 Likes

:laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

Also Paul I did some research and I found this clock as well the only reason why I didn’t get it is because I don’t think it has FM radio which I love listening to in the morning for the weather. https://byloftie.com/

2 Likes

you can do pretty much everything that wakey does, on your smartphone except the wireless charging … for which you can get a wireless charger :wink:

Wakey Wakey (Wakey 2) needs to resolve all the issues / features to make life easier for users!

3 Likes

A wakey with Google/Alexa integration would be great

3 Likes

That would make it a WiFi connected product which make sense for the Wakey as it’s a static product.
I’d much prefer it to be WiFi than Bluetooth.

3 Likes

Since you have one, what other improvements would you make to it?

2 Likes

@ikari04warrior I would add the improvements that I mentioned in my main description, along with a nap feature where you can can set a timer to take a nap. Also Wi-Fi capability would be great, and maybe make it more standalone so you won’t have to use your device as much to set an alarm. I would also add a future where when connected to Wi-Fi it can play your favorite Spotify playlist without you having to go into your phone and play it, and also wake up with your Spotify playlist. That would be the best alarm clock ever :grinning::grinning::smile:

2 Likes

Very good suggestions!
Have you tried the app IFTTT? it might be able to do a couple of those things you suggested, mostly the Spotify features

1 Like

@ikari04warrior I’ll look into it, but I really wish Anker updated the Wakey more frequently as well, in order for it not to feel like an old unsupported product anymore. That’s a suggestion I forgot to add. Also I wish it would be more simplified like Anker asks to connect to your spotify account and you can select a playlist to wake up to. And a gradual fade in with the alarm would be really nice :smile:

1 Like

Hope @AnkerOfficial reads this thread and tells the support team the wakey needs some updates

2 Likes

I hope @AnkerOfficial reads this too, I have so many ideas, like what if you shut off your alarm it said the weather out loud or something like that, and it automatically connects and plays a Spotify playlist of your choice. There are so many other Alarm clocks out there but the Wakey has so much potential, why not keep updating it and make it worth $85. I am looking at other clocks like the Beddi 2 and they have so many more features for the same price, how come the Wakey doesn’t? :persevere:

1 Like

Yea if it had Google integration you could set up a routine when your alarm goes. Or easily ask what’s the weather for today. I agree it has a lot of potential, but I don’t think the updates will bring these features, I bet we will have to wait till wakey 2 or something

2 Likes

I think Anker can make it work, it doesn’t really need Google it just needs to be able to connect to your Spotify account and then probably pull weather from some service. I know they can make it work :grinning:

1 Like