[Active] Soundcore Wakey, Physical clock ability to turn off or on alarms, and ability to program the multi-purpose button to play ambient sounds, Nap Function; and Advice for Anker/Soundcore Update More Frequently and Release Better Updates Please! :D

I recently just got the sound core wakey, and one of the main concerns I have is that I’m not able to turn off and on alarms by pressing the alarm button and holding it down. That got me thinking, what about for a future firmware update as you’re looking at the next alarm what if you can hold down the alarm button to toggle on and off an alarm without having to touch your phone?

Also I was thinking what if the clock had the ability to save your ambient sound preset, and play it just by pressing the multifunction button if you’re not connected to Bluetooth, see you wouldn’t have to look at your phone screen before going to bed, and you can somehow set the time you want for the ambient sound to last before going off by using the volume upper volume down button? Then to finalize the settings you press the multifunction button again and your sounds play

Finally, my last suggestion is a nap setting where you set a timer that goes in increments of 5 min, and can go up to 120 min. During this time you can choose if you want to play ambient sounds as well, and when the nap is done it wakes you up with the alarm of your choice :smile:

Also, I mention later on in the comments below how there could be a Spotify integration and you wouldn’t have to keep your device on Bluetooth for it to play, perhaps add wifi capability. The Wakey would also be even better if after you turned off the alarm, it reads what the weather will be like on that day right after you get up :smile: these futures can be either implemented into the version one of the Wakey or Wakey 2

Also I know Covid-19 is a big deal, but it shouldn’t delay the amount and quality of updates that release for the Wakey.

Comment what you guys think below :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey @Diego_Saenz
I also have the Wakey.
Its great to a point, i also feel better control from the device itself would benefit users.
My biggest problem is having to use Bluetooth and the app for most things.
The second is the sounds this device makes when connecting to your phone etc.
For these reasons i stopped using mine.

3 Likes

This is not so comfortable.
It should work without that app and bt.
Good you mentioned Paul.
So its not an object of desire for me.

3 Likes

The wakey should get an update to improve it

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that it skipped 06 and sometimes 04 one the volume when using the phone to adjust the volume. Pressing the volume button on the Wakey itself doesn’t skip but pressing the volume button on the phone does. Not sure if it’s an Soundcore or Google issue

1 Like

I totally agree with you, and also this morning, it was weird, I saw the correct time on my Wakey, but later it changed to 12:03 am, there still seems like there are bugs that reside in the Wakey. I might return mine and get the Anker Wakey 2 when that comes out, Wakey was a great idea, it just needs polishing.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. I wish Anker would release more updates :frowning: that have more than just 1 fix.

1 Like

It’s the phones issue, even when I am not connected to bluetooth my S10 does not go up in volume by increments of 1.

2 Likes

Also, I wish the Wakey, had a nap feature, where you can set a timer with increments of 5 min up to 120 min, and take a nap within that preferred time. On top of that it can have a sleep mode where you set a timer where it plays radio or your song preference and shuts off after the time ends or you shut it off.

1 Like

I agree with you, but I see the app as a great idea, it delivers updates, and new features. It takes a leap in innovation, but as you said I wish the clock could also work independently and have most if not all the physical capabilities that the app controls, and help you not look at a screen before you go to bed.

1 Like

Ive had that once @Diego_Saenz
The time is set when connected to the mobile.
I put it down to a quick connect and disconnected and assumed it hadn’t synced correctly.

2 Likes

True, what was odd, was I had this clock for 3 days so far, and just today when I woke up it showed 9:53am (the correct time), but I wasn’t even connected to bluetooth, and it randomly changed to 12:03am, my power didn’t go out or anything, and it simply just changed

2 Likes

This is like sitting in a BMW and driving is accessible only via the SmartPhone BT connection :wink: (No steering or brakes control… only Smartphone )

3 Likes

What will happen if you try to start that “smart car” and your phone got low battery?.
"Use ANKER chargers" :rofl:

1 Like

lol :laughing:

1 Like

Hmmm, that is odd @Diego_Saenz
Maybe your previous comment re sending it back and trying another is a good option.
Im not sure when a MK2 option will come out or what differences it might bring.

1 Like

Mine doesn’t show the increments on the phone but the display on the Wakey skips so that’s why I was wondering

1 Like

I might send it back, but it has to be a glitched because it only happend twice today, and never happened the past 3 days.

2 Likes

I wish Anker would announce if they will release a Wakey 2, so I can return my current Wakey and wait knowing that they will release a better Wakey 2.

2 Likes

Normally you would see updates here.
But I dont expect there will be another anytime soon.
As its regularly causing issues i would return.
Up to you then if you want to try another or wait for an updated version.
Shame though @Diego_Saenz

1 Like