Wireless power bank problem

@professor

Well I don’t really like doing it this way but I’ll do it if I have no choice.

I will wait for the reply from the support then.

You have choices.

Wireless is always forever from everyone awfully inefficient, so either accept that and factor into decision on how often to recharge or go to wired. Wired is more efficient your iPhone will lose about 20% of power instead of 30% power wired Vs wireless.

Support will tell you much of what I did in less words, 50% is low, they’ll say similar to me and after trying without case they’ll likely offer a replacement unit. The replacement should get nearer to > 2 recharge as per Paul’s review. You should get around 2.4 phone recharges e.g. 4.8 50% recharge. 1.8 is low.

I already received an answer saying more or less the same thing as you using more scientific words (if I can say it like that). I can copy paste here if anyone wants it.

However, they didn’t talk about any replacement at all.

1 Like

Ok given you some ideas, you’re losing about half an iPhone recharge somewhere relative to other similar owners so try without case, try wired, accept it or use your right to replacement or refund, whichever suits you best.

The most probable cause is the case and alignment but you’d know more after trying wired phone recharge.

Just to add @TheGamer
My experiments were without a case on the phone.
Although from what i experience with my mains powered wireless charger, my case doesn’t make any difference.
But as @professor says, some cases can make a difference so maybe try without.

Out of interest, does your iPhone charge satisfactorily normally?
The iPhone 8 is now 3-4 years old, the battery might not have aged very well depending on your charging habits.

1 Like

@paulstevenewing

Well using a PD charger and cable, the phone is charging under 1 hour from 30 to 90% (should take around 40 min).
And even with the wireless (outputting at 7.5W) it uses 1h30~ to go from 30 to 90.

In the parameters, iOS tells me that battery is at 90%. So it should be good no?

I should really invest an iQ cable to charge that PB… so slow using a normal usb-CB cable…

2 Likes

All seems OK with the battery then @TheGamer
Maybe take @professor advice and do more testing with the case off, just in case it’s having an impact.
And ensure any other obstructions are removed, if there are any, stickers, shopping notes etc. But I’m sure you’ve covered that.

1 Like