Win a Soundcore Flare Mini | #bottlecapchallenge

I honestly expected more entries, I was hoping to see more than just two other videos. They are great videos, but I was expecting more. I am still tired from making mine though, in total it took about five hours. Measuring, leveling, securing and adjusting, very hard to get it just right.

I might enter just cuz so few have entered :man_shrugging:

I better come up with a good idea and fast

Competition is ramping up, people are going to start doing all sorts of things to bottle caps, anker I thinks itā€™s time to re categorize my attempt to a creative one. I believe we have too many technical folks here :face_with_hand_over_mouth: which also happen to be procrastinators

I only took 5 minutes to complete the challenge.:rofl:
It quite easy to shoot a video.

1 Like

Sorry I donā€™t think this counts.

The cap is balanced on the top, and you have to UNSCREW the cap.

The edit is dodgy, canā€™t tell if YOU actually did it or it fell off by itself.

Just my opinion, and unbiased as not entered.

Watch out water bottle police on patrol. You know what they say about opinions right?

2 Likes

Could think of a better Clint version though :wink:

4 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

Hahahahaha the only thing I did was trim the beginning of the video since it was all failed attempts. If you slow down at the end you can see my 2nd arrow hitting the cap :slight_smile:

But the cap was just resting on the top of the bottle, thatā€™s not how the challenge works.

You have to UNSCREW the bottle top, not just knock it off the top.

You sure about that? That sounds nearly impossibleā€¦

1 Like

Whereā€™s the challenge in knocking it off the top?

I donā€™t mean the security part

So a loosely screwed on lid, and you have to unscrew it.

We will let @AnkerOfficial decide. I spent 10 mins building this contraption. I work 9 hours a day as an engineer. I donā€™t have time to make a cap spin off its bottle. And if they think itā€™s not qualified, so be it. Thank you for your opinion and critical analysis of this video. To be fair to everyone. I deliberately put tape UNDER the bottle cap, so that my arrow can knock it off the bottle. Thatā€™s just how I decided to attempt this challenge. Thank you so much.

What is it and how do I do it?

To do the challenge, you need a bottle, preferably a plastic one. The cap is placed on the top of a bottle and loosely twisted shut. The aim is to untwist the cap with a spin kick but not touch the bottle itself.

While the aim is make the move look seamless, it is actually pretty challenging to get both the precision and right kick action to cleanly take the lid off.

ā€¦
So while the challenge is to perform a roundhouse to get your foot/shoe to make enough contact to grip the cap and the spinning motion to then undo and send the top fkying!, Any other way to make the top spin off would do.

1 Like

Since some can make the argument that my first attempt is invalid and I totally understand, would you please delete the attempt that you think is invalid and accept only one from me for evaluation @AnkerOfficial

• That cap is not floating (check)
  • The cap is lightly twisted on (check)
  • tension is used by 2 rubber bands anchored to a set of :banana:ā€™s
  • The bear :bear: performs a round house :leg: kick and the cap is sent towards the banana (check)
  • this is not sponsored by LINE friends.
  • the cap spins off (check) put it on slo-mo if you wish to confirm

https://twitter.com/kewonzor/status/1154811195842539520?s=21

1 Like

May be I should try this with a bottle of beer?
Or better, if I get my pension increase
I will try a bottle of ā€œSektā€.

1 Like

I was legitimately gonna enter, but I forgot lol. I probably wonā€™t have time today. Snoozers are losers :joy:

I would have entered, but my stupid knee is all borked up. I had a plan to do it with the Robovac but that didnt happen because I forgot to charge itā€¦well i moved it and didnt plug it back in

Guess we should see who won this tomorrow