What I am packing this trip

I like the dual inputs on my 26800 and must say if they brought out a 10000 with this feature I would def buy 1 or 2. :+1:t2:

I have dual-input 26800 but I’d add more weight than my current setup so it stays home. The dual-input arises due to 12W limit of Type A, and yet we’re carrying TypeA cables anyway for our MicroB Anker products.

I’d rather Type C and a smaller products, 1 C is smaller than 2 A.

That 268000 idea however can suit a totally different situation of you go with no charger at all and 26800 lasts 2 to 3 days with all these gadgets when you removed those it would end up, yes, a workable solution as you got 3 ports out. But this was 5 nights so 26800 not ideal.

I am back home now after 2 weeks living out of backpack, most of it traveling around UK.

My Anker stuff:

• Powercore Slim 5000
  • Powercore 10000
  • Powerport 2 UK version
  • LC40
  • loads of Powerline cables, including two 6ft long USB-C for my phone and tablet.

Same backpack, it fits in all aircraft. I had 4 flights across 3 countries, 7 trains and 1 taxi, about 80 miles of walking. Had an aircraft hiccup and I changed planes and got home faster than those who (for reasons I cannot justify) need suitcases.

Same gadgets.

What is not working for me:

• the Slim 5000 form-factor I love but it is not enough energy, today I used it to keep my phone going and to recharge my Bose during flight connection, and it was flat before the end of the day. Not a major problem as I also had the Powercore 10000 so I had enough stored energy in total, but I used the Bose QC35 hard case rear pouch to store the Slim 5000 to recharge the Bose while I was moving, the 10000 doesn’t fit so well. I know one of the newer Slim 10000 would do it better, but that is not better-enough yet to justify buying when my Slim 5000 and 10000 are working.
  • lack of trickle-charge. I spend say 10 mins in total pressing the Slim 5000 power button to get my Bose back to fully charged, and the Slim+ buds back to fully charged. Again, not a big enough problem to spend $$ on newer products.
  • need a denser port count in my Powerport. Like a small 4 port Powerport. This is the most broken part of my system, I need Anker to make a decent high-wattage 4-6 port system which is not bigger than 2 smaller chargers. Anker has still not made one. For now I have kept a years-old Powerport5 in one place and I carry multiple chargers when flying as Anker is not making the perfect charger yet (Atom 1 technology in a 4-port version)

For anyone who is in UK, the odd part was I packed:

• waterproof over-trousers
  • waterproof socks
  • down vest
  • waterproof jacket
    … and it was bone dry for 2 weeks in England. Only rained the day I left. Bloody eck, I could have gone with a smaller backpack if I’d known it would be non-freezing dry!

1 Like

See, the weather isn’t all bad over here :laughing:

1 Like

3 Likes

@professor Those pics look very serene! Was the temperature brisk or freezing? Cause I could picture myself drinking some hot coffee enjoying the view! Thanks for sharing!