We want to hear your ideas for our new lithium-polymer power bank!

I’d like to see them with Type C offering Power Delivery, both Input and Output. And as a bonus, a 2nd port offering Quick Charge 3.0.

Black anodized aluminum. Compact in size and at 10000mAh. A 1 foot cable (USB-C and USB-A) for each port should be included, as well as a carrying pouch.

1 Like

I have model and the only thing that I raccomend is rubber on both sides.

And it will be great if you add a clip on the side for block the 30cm cable for transportation.

I personally like the design of 5000 slim back nice and flat with anti-slide rubber and smooth top with edges nice and smooth you could hold it directly behind the phone with one hand and put them in your pocket together without any problems.

Maybe try to put USB sockets on opposite sides like if you sitting in a restaurant you could charge your phone and person sitting opposite.

Maybe portable wireless charger? No cables at all just place your phone on top anytime anywhere!

1 Like

I think portable chargers are already inefficient enough (and big enough and heavy enough) without adding wireless charging to the mix.

1 Like

This, if you add in wireless you have to make the batteries bigger due to its inefficiency and power loss.

Sure would be nice if you could charge the bank with lightning cord instead of micro usb! That would be one less cable for me to have to carry around since i have a bunch of those.

As far as design, slimmer is always better. I have the PowerCore II Slim 5000 which is my go to to carry around for a quick charge.

2 Likes

I think the scale-down answer in the $10 range is just an integrated cable otherwise for example the Mini and the Slim 5000 the cable can be comparable size to the powerbank.

Scale-up then the opposite as cable is the most probable to fail so having a built-in cable is bad. Scale-up you’re talking $30-$80 powerbank.

I would say a Mini in the 3 popular flavors of one with lightning output, one with Micro outpout and one with USB-C output would sell well, with a flip-up type. These are purse emergency type situations just enough for a 1/2 - 1 full recharge for a long day or a bad app which unexpectedly drained phone.

I agree, wireless is a bad idea for portable chargers due to volume weight cost ineffiency consequences. Wireless for wired chargers to the wall is fine.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea!:smile:

1 Like

I like the idea for that fold up connector cable.:smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your meaningful input! I was surprise that you came up with the idea about “connector lock”, because I also met the same problems you mentioned.:joy:

1 Like

It’s a very interesting idea, phone sticks to phone, so that it’s easily to hold both the phone and powerbank together. Much appreciate!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Although the first polymer is 5K, PowerCore II Slim is the first 10K polymer.
I really like your idea for the fold up connector cable. It’s convenient.
However, i have a question, why do you need a torch on the portable charger?:mask: You can use the phone’s torch when you need. Right? Could you let me know more information about the reason why you need a torch. And i’m so sorry asking questions.
For the powerhouse, we get your point and totally agree. :hugging:
At last, smaller and lighter fusion, much appreciate, a very good feedback.
Thanks a lot!!

There is no difference between Polymer Battery and other Battery on the longevity if they are using the same material.

Why do you need a flashlight on the portable charger?:mask: I mean that phones already have flashlight.:grin:

Thanks. Love you so much!:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Why do you need a torch on the portable charger?:mask: You can use the phone’s torch when you need.
Will it be more convenient to have flashlight on portable chargers?!:scream:

It’s a really good idea to have wireless charging technology on portable charger. :grinning:
Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Lithium polymer batteries are welcoming. They’re flexible in terms shapes and sizes, resulting in better form factors. Like the others have said, price is currently an issue thanks to design/manufacturing costs (or even high demand). Some have mentioned about Li-Po being heavier but I think it’s just the casing material that can easily be refined.

However, I find that connectivity for future power banks will be a challenge in maintaining performance, safety, and profit margins. Other competitors might be underpricing or overpricing Anker but comes at a cost of varying inferior charging input/output combinations and unreliable USB-C PD compatibility/implementations.

1 Like

We already have 20K PD Portable Charger. And i’m glad to say it’s much smaller than others. Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Delivery-Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Macbooks/dp/B071WNWRNC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1514434541&sr=8-6&keywords=PowerCore+Speed+20000

Well people sometimes buy portable chargers for their emergency kits or bug out bags, and since lithium batteries hold their charge quite well it only makes sense to kill 2 birds with one stone, not only making it a better value for the customer but also more practical in those types of scenarios. If you need to power your phone in an emergency where your phone may be dead, it only makes sense to put a flashlight on the device that will be charging your phone. :wink:

1 Like