We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

My guess is that it is very simple to eliminate bad or mediocre test plans. Choosing between the good ones is probably the real challenge. I’m curious how many more of those they end up with when there are a huge number of applicants.

Probably more for something big like the power house. I would do more work for that one myself.

1 Like

What if a single human makes multiple accounts, slightly different words in a test plan, and increase their chances that way.

A test plan is one filter, as is active in the community and/or social media.

By the way, to show how good is my social media, check out my channel, send me the Powerhouse and I’ll get you a lot of attention.

(joke, but proves the more test applications the more fakes, so it’s Anker’s forcing the most applications causes the problem)

4 Likes

If you are a skilled one you may fool any algorithm checking text.
Eg : ebay not allowing to send email addresses. :rofl:

But at university we had really good algos to find out any fraud.
First time : warning, second time : banned!

1 Like

I chose neither. Mainly because I have the older version of the one in your Pic, barely use it since I’m not a fan of wireless charging (I like to be able to move my phone). The other one for the same reason, there were I think 5 spots for testing, and by the time I had gone to look there were already over 300 apps.

I believe Anker has a system that detects fake accounts or something similar. It might be that they do not allow profiles that are not at least X amount of time old to sign-up or that they can tell that all of the different accounts are coming from the same IP address. There are ways…

Growing Community

Honestly more than anything I think the large numbers on both items represent a recent large growth in this community in general. In other words, get ready for everyone to be like that. #Anker should look into how many new, legit, members there are and adjust the number of products per test accordingly.

Congrats Testers!

Anyway, Congrats @Tech_Man (surprise, surprise…) and @L_G1 for being picked to test the Powerhouse II. The testing page is very confusing. One Powerhouse says that it needs 2 and has just over 100 apps. The other says it needs 3 and has over 800. Same with the other device. I checked and it is not a difference in countries so I don’t know why it is there under Completed Tests. You 2 were picked from the one with fewer apps and testers according to the page, the other is in the Completed section, but has no testers listed

© Sly
1 Like

Indeed, there are those of us who here have applied for a tiny % of testing because we similarly most of the time cannot do a honest genuine test and feedback.

I’m still seeing this as a testing event, once tested and if I like the reviews then I can buy. I have no problems with paying Anker for their good products. Prior to my testing, or being tested by someone of my level of interest, I don’t yet know if it is a good product.

I’m happy to invest time to do a thorough test. I’m also happy to be not selected so long someone else will do the tests I would do.

I’ve applied for 3 testing of 28 testing and have been selected once.

I was selected for the Nano charger testing, I did the review and liked the product, recommending it here and bought 3 of them since.

1 Like

@SlyBandit247 Chris they decided to add more testers for the powerhouse so they put it up again on the testing event. This tim thy advertised it all across social media, so hence why their was 800+ applicants. And they were on break this past week so nobody was around to go through the testing plans and choose who the new winners are.

2 Likes

Testing the Powerhouse II would be fun…Guess the new results are yet not published. I never had an opportunities nor was the lucky one to get these products for testing. I am a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer by profession and would definitely love to test Anker products. Hope I get shortlisted atleast for testing, even if I am not selected.

2 Likes

I am jealous…just kidding…Congratulations for the wins, lucky you :smiley:

Same profession over here :wink: That’s why I’m excited for the chance to test things. I’ve been lucky a few times and got selected. But the powerhouse I REALLY want to test!!!

1 Like

Thats good you got selected a few times. I think I will just pray to get lucky to test the Powerhouse II someday. Fingers Crossed…!!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m not sure faking Testing Club events is all that straight forward @professor.
Unless the person is very bold or Anker doesn’t check the applications too closely.
I would assume that Anker are likely to favour those who list multiple social media accounts - more exposure.
Those who use fake Anker accounts must be listing the same social media account links under each application which, if the applications are checked closely, would surely be flagged?
Either that or it doesn’t sway the decision whether social media accounts are listed or not and the fake Anker accounts simply don’t bother listing any social media accounts.

1 Like

Oh, so are you saying that not all of the people that applied are members of this forum? Or they weren’t, then they saw that and had to sign-up in order to enter? Just curious. I have caught a few of those Soundcore live streams, they are interesting. I like reading the comments. The one I saw was supposed to be 500 prize giveaway in 500 minutes…I am not sure of the end result but it was getting crazy just like 3 minutes in lol. It is good to see that they (anker/soundcore) are being recognized somewhere other than here.

That’s awesome, I do not think we have ‘met’ I do not visit the forum as much as I used to (school-work) but it’s nice to see some new names. I can always tell the people who are going to be more active or aren’t just in it for a one-time giveaway when they set a profile pic! Odd I know, but it is a dead giveaway of this forum of new or BS accounts. Anyway…don’t worry, keeping visiting the forum everyday to earn points so between tests you can enter the PowerDraw and usually they pick at least 15 people as testers. The Powerhouse I understand only having a few for that, but the other one is just unusual.

1 Like

I haven’t read the reply you’re responding to but that’s what happens when Anker advertises these events far too much

lol, it’s good to advertise them, but they should have stricter rules as far as membership. In other words, I think they shouldn’t allow people to enter We Love Testing events if they have not been a member of the forum for X amount of time, have not engaged on the forum in X time, things like that. Still with over 800 people @Tech_Man still gets picked lol, but there is a much higher chance of picking someone who is not going to give a good review/who is just in it for the free stuff. Unless they are already filtering that ‘behind the scenes’, then it is just f’d up to invite people to an event they will never win.

1 Like

Yeah we haven’t…i joined the community in 2016, but havent been active much…work just kept me too busy. I love to review and test new products. Call it passion or being workaholic

1 Like

I agree with literally every word. I sort of said the same in reply to someone else (below) before I read your comment. I don’t remember how many Testing events I have applied for but I know I got picked for one and it turned out to be an amazing product, I still use it everyday, but I do not see it advertised anywhere, the Soundcore Life NC. They had apparently won all types of awards, whatever, they are brilliant! They are the only earbuds of their type that have an optional Aux cable, micro-usb to Aux, which is cool as hell, they have active and passive noise cancellation, a mode that amplifies the sound outside, very well built, great sound dual pairing, the list goes on, but I never see anyone talk about them.

I think I joined around the same time. Well GL getting picked.

1 Like