We, for one, welcome our new robot overlords

Oh no. Not this dude. He’s creepier than the Furbys. Lol

1 Like

I’ve never heard of DBrand, but I wondered something like that because I noticed the ER from Anker is scratched off the and PowerDrive has a different finish to it. The only thing that doesn’t mesh with this all is the “robot overlords” statement. What do these two things have in common?

1 Like

Done it

:bulb::bulb::bulb:
It’s clip on covers for the robovacs

1 Like

I think it’s gonna be more along the lines of robot themed skins from dbrand that you apply to the top of the RoboVac to jazz it up and give it more of a personality.

3 Likes

That is what my thought was too, along with an entire line for the PD’s to be able to skin them. I took it as they are scratching off the finish/skin of it and will give it “a new skin” that is from DBrand

2 Likes

Well my doesn’t work so can we have a coffin themed skin please?

2 Likes

Engrave a simple “RIP”.

That will resolve all doubts!

1 Like

Yeah, plus the different skins the robot is wearing.

1 Like

Sure. Il welcome them with a big glass of water!!

Water is fine i will not waist a drop of my beer! :smiley:

4 Likes

Now that’s a smart power move right there.

Plus your post got a like from Ankerofficial … seal of approval? :wink:

1 Like

Thats how I took it as well lol

Dbrand is a skin company that’s been using that robot joke for a while. IIRC they went to great lengths to acquire the @robot tag on Twitter. They use a lot of Bender memes from Futurama. List goes on, so it’s nothing out of the ordinary.

The different texture is from the Dbrand skin. They’re either making collab power banks or are offering skins for existing battery packs. I believe it’s the latter as the scratching out could resemble slapping a Dbrand (Read Debrand) on it and remove the Anker logo for a more minimalistic look.

1 Like

@Insider any info? :wink:

Well, July 9 is next Tuesday.

Honestly, I’m guessing that this is exactly what Anker is teasing. They’re probably going to announce that robots are now being used either to manufacture their devices or make engravings, which could allow customers to request an engraving or possibly lower prices.

But to answer your question directly, no, I don’t know anything about this yet. I’ll keep looking today and keep you updated if I learn something.

4 Likes

Check out the DB on the upper right notebook. It is DBrands logo, so might be a start.

3 Likes

DEFINITELY DBRAND

Great find, @Fuu_bar!

4 Likes

Great catch!

1 Like

I don’t have my Google Assistant setup to call me Robot Overlord for nothing lol

6 Likes