USB Port - Not working with USB enclosure or thumb drives?

I am one of the Nebula kickstarter backers and I love my Nebula.

Recently I have been wanting to watch movies on it from my external USB drive.

I got a micro USB port adapter from Amazon and tried to plug in my Sabrent USB enclosure to it. I have tried with NTFS format and exFat and neither are recognized. I also tried 2 different USB thumb drives and nothing.

Is the microUSB port just for charging or can it be used to read files? If it can be used to read files then where would it show up in the interface?

Here is the adapter:

Thanks!

Are you referring to the Capsule or Mars? The Capsule comes with a USB to micro USB cable for USB flash drive use, as the micro USB is used for both OTG interface and charging. The Mars has a physical USB port to allow USB playback.

If it is the Capsule you are referring to, I would advise using the supplied cable as the multiple connection version you have posted is likely to be incompatible due to the load of multiple devices…

1 Like

Give this a try…[quote=“elmo41683, post:4, topic:58647, full:true”]
Because the nebula uses OTG adapter it’s file system format is based off of USB file system: FAT32
Make sure your card is formated this way first and then add your files. Most cards are defaulted to ntfs format and that may be why you are seeing this message
[/quote]

2 Likes

These are the adapters & hubs I would use. The Anker has a power in to support power hungry hard drives. The nebulas support the fat32 format as @elmo41683 earlier post stated. Your cheapest option would be to get a large thumb drive and usb-A to micro USB adapter I would return the hub that you purchased and swap it for another Ugreen makes reliable cables and is one of my go-to companies when Anker doesn’t make the desired cable.

This hub can also be power via a power bank for use on the go.

1 Like

Did you try FAT32. It’s the most commonly supported format, but has a 4GB file limit.

1 Like

4 GB Per file

Yeah true, that why I wrote ‘file limit’ instead of ‘storage limit’ :slight_smile: