USB-4 unveiled by USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF)

Agreed! As long as the plug is reversible, I’m happy!

USB is abbreviation of Universal Serial Bus.

I doubt the prices will come down. Companies will use it as a selling point to raise the price.

Complete specs will be detailed by Mid 2019 per all web posting and It will take few years for USB4 to be implemented for general use, considering we are seeing USB -C adoption now though it was released back in 2014.

I’m not saying the devices are/aren’t more expensive. I’m saying that, as a fact, manufacturers that want to include USB-C as their charging port had to pay more (royalties) for this port rather than for micro.

Who owns the rights to this standard? USB-C should be universal whereas any manufacturer should be able to use it. At least you would think!

1 Like

USB-C Is public any company can have it.

1 Like

That is correct Mr Tugar32! Any company can use the standard… so why no USB-C in new iPhones? You would think the XS line would be all USB-C

1 Like

Can this pie be charged (warmed up) by the USB.
And which kind of charger (wattage) is needed? :joy:

1 Like

An update…

@AnkerTechnical
But there are lots of other changes, too. A series of speed boosts arrived: USB 3.0 at 5 gigabits per second, USB 3.1 at 10Gbps and the new USB 3.2 at 20Gbps. USB now can charge laptops and countless other devices with USB Power Delivery technology. And “alt modes,” which let you connect monitors with HDMI and DisplayPort video standards the cable connect to HDMI, gives USB-C ports even more options.

…this was taken from this CNET report