US only, what gives?

Since I joined this forum there has been several giveaways but they are always US only, Correct me if I am wrong, and the rest get discounts only . I find this mildly offensive and wish that it was a private email to the US customers only so I wouldn’t have to see it. :disappointed:
Just venting

4 Likes

Apart from this one which was USA/UK/CA only

Then there’s discounts for UK UK UK UK

I accept USA is more often but “always” ?

1 Like

@nigelhealy OK, I admit “Always” was a bit unwarranted, I have only been here for one month so that’s what I am basing it on. I find discounts overrated. I can buy it for the same discount without being a part of this forum. I get a lot of free or 99% off product to review from other sellers and there is no involvement other than the odd review required. I treat this like a Job, :grin: OK hobby!

1 Like

US market is always the one companies try to settle themselves in. It’s a tough diverse market so companies will do a lot to promote themselves to consumers. Cause once you’re a household brand, the money automatically rolls in. Hence, giveaways, etc.

I’m sure they’ll do giveaways for other markets as well.

3 Likes

Makes sense that they target the US more, larger market base = more sales (in theory)…

3 Likes

As a US guy, I’ve seen a number of CA only offers as well. I think we just noticed the offers we’re not entitled to / included in more acutely.

1 Like

Very true @ndalby however there is 1100 Soundcore speaker reviews on Amazon.ca so it has a pretty strong market but not as strong as the 3000 reviews on .com. Like @tommcd24 said I just notice the ones I am not entitled to more and I only notice the free ones not the discounts which are a plenty for Canada. I think my frustration stems from the fact that I am on three similar sites albeit not all have forums just this one and I have won two items in the past week on them and then found out I was not eligible because of where I live. I tried to explain that I have a .ca and a .com account with Amazon and can review on both but to no avail. I do understand why this is the way it is but it just irks (is that a word) me to see it and have it happen to me.

I agree that the emails should be better targeted. It would be much nicer not to keep seeing promos that are not valid for me. I think Anker would need to set up their subscriber profiles better first though.

1 Like