UPDATE Soundcore Wakey Wakey Review

White noise and Night mode need to be activated via the app whereas Radio can be toggled on and off via Wakey and FM Station Tuning can be done by physical buttons.

1 Like

Hi @Shenoy
I think the other guys have beaten me to it.
I’ll have to investigate further re all the features but on face value I think the app is necessary. I believe you can use the - and + button to change between radio stations programmed via the app, if there isn’t stations programmed it will find the next available station.

1 Like

Hey @SZak2015
That’s what I had to do in the end.
Plugged an extension in behind the bedside unit and plugged the Wakey into that. Not ideal, but no other way around it. :tired_face:

Great review, thanks for sharing! I would love to get one of these eventually, my alarm clock is highly outdated, which would be fine if it still worked properly. But it has failed me a few times and I would like to get a new one.

1 Like

BTW, thanks for the review. Well done!

Did this model have the updated firmware on it or installed after you got it? Wasn’t the updated firmware supposed to correct the overly bright LED display among other issues?

1 Like

Dang, that looks like an apple charger…after all the hate Anker gave them for having such a large brick charger, they go and do it themselves. What in the world were they thinking? This makes me not want one now

2 Likes

Good review. Lol from the pic from Anker, I thought the led was going to be an issue. Never thought about plug being big but with what it does I guess it makes sense for its size.

Unless that wall adapter has a built-in backup battery that will power the Wakey in the event of a power failure, it appears senselessly large for what it’s supposed to be doing…

But then again, we’re talking about a powered Bluetooth speaker as well as an alarm clock and 10 watt Qi compatible charger plus two PowerIQ charger ports…:thinking:

They still could’ve done something different with the rotational configuration of the wall plug blades though, to get it to sit with it’s widest side flat against the wall…

1 Like

@paulstevenewing thanks for the info

I was always Missing not having Wakey next to me… But now I feel it was good I didnt get one… it looks more complicated with the app than what it needs… plus the bulky charger… and then need for connecting the external antenna…

I am better off having a Anker’s wireless charging pad / stand and all of these bells and whistles are already on iPhone and can be summoned by Siri or played by apps

2 Likes

Wish Anker would try to confuse me by sending me some free stuff lol

1 Like

Thanks @andrewGholden374

Hey @SZak2015
It had the old firmware, upgrading was simple though.

I had the same set up before the Wakey and you are right.
I still set the alarm in my phone as a backup in case the power goes off over night.
Sometimes simple is the best way.

If you really need an app to activate or tune some features its not so good.

For example:
My little stereo. I can tune, activate etc. at the tuner OR at the remote.
That’s a perfect solution well thought out.

1 Like

Good review @paulstevenewing! the Wakey readout certainly looks brighter than I thought it would be :star_struck:

1 Like

Brighter than the sun when turned up full :flushed:

Mg wife would destroy it if I had that then. As it is now she took the subtle alarm clock out of the room because it was too bright…you practically had to shine a flashlight on it to tell the time. So yea shed destroy this thing

1 Like

I have set the time display to turn off over night and you can touch one one the buttons to bring it back - but that kind of defeats the object of a bedside alarm clock :thinking:
Saying that, even with the clock display off, the blue LED that indicates wireless charging is enough to cast a blue haze on the wall the other side of the room.
Hopefully a future firmware update will allow brightness adjustment for the clock display and the LED.

Very good review. I will be looking forward to get one myself when there’s an upgraded option to dim the led light display and the wireless charging base will be bigger

1 Like

Best would be a connection ALEXA -> WAKEY.

Then you say : “ALEXA, wake me up with my WAKEY”
And the WAKEY rings…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes