Understanding USB-C | Everything You Need to Know!

@doris4jin The USB-C to USB-C cable included in PowerCore 20000 PD supports charging maximum 60W(20V 3A ). :relaxed:

2 Likes

@Nhi Yes, it is ok, but there is no PD, just normal charging speed. Because the GoPro Hero5 Black does not support PD:relaxed:

Great post with information that answer most of those lingering questions in the back of my mind. Just for clarification, can the Thunderbolt cable can be used as a regular usb3.1 cable?

@AnkerTechnical Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: Ok, I have another question. I just purchased the Powerline+ II 3ft Lightning cable and LOVE it. I love the feel and look of it. But I did run into a snag. It connects to my iPhone 6s fine but not my iPad Mini. I use cases for both my devices. With the iPad, I can’t insert the cable in all the way because the opening of the case is not as wide as the iPhone’s case. I forgot that I ran into the same problem with the Powerline+ Lightning cable last year. For my iPad, I have to use the original Apple Lightning cable to charge it. :frowning: Is there any Lightning cable by Anker that has a slimmer tip to fit in tighter fitting cases? Thanks.

Sorry, Could u please give us more info about what u want to tell us?:relaxed:thanks

As @joshuad11 said if we make it longer, the data transfer speed will drop down. Now the longest C-C 3.1 Gen2
cable certificated by USB-IF is 3 foot:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the Thunderbolt 3.0 is compatible with 3.1 Gen2, 3.1 Gen1 and USB 2.0

Probably never, unless the next USB standard calls for it. Certified full-featured max length is 2m/6.5ft for Gen1 and 1m/3.25ft for Gen2

A longer cable (and therefore USB-IF uncertified) is possible with drawbacks low data transfer speeds.

2 Likes

USB C to lightning cable can’t wait!!!

I wonder if the core cable was made thicker would it then allow a longer cable to be made that can sustain the same data transfer speed? Alternatively could you build a amplifier into the usb c end in order to amplify and enhance the signal or speed? Similar to how they boost Internet speeds through cables by use of amplification

Could u tell me the size of charging port of the case?

What about when there is no data transfer need? Such as for power only? Surely the cable can be made longer and it’s just electrical resistance to overcome via being thicker?

There was a multi port PD thing at Anker booth at CES but details scsnt.

Where you’re at now is my next logical step, my laptop has been repaired twice but is next due for retirement and then I’d get something like the Flip. Then that would cause me to want a PD Powercore and then a Powerport which can recharge the Laptop and the Powercore PD at the same time from one socket.

What I want is a 60W dual port PD which gives 60W to one port or if two ports used they share 60W. I’d want one or two TypeA Potts for legacy devices such as Soundbuds.

2 Likes

If you split the cable functions (greater length for power instead of data) though it would be more confusing to non-technical end users…

1 Like

In every family there is the geek to avoid confusion. The non geeks were gifted Powercore Fusion :eyeglasses:

Thanks for the explanation!

@AnkerOfficial Yikes! I don’t know the size of it. It’s a Roocase for my iPad Mini 2. This is the one https://www.ebags.com/product/roocase/ipad-mini-retina-rotating-360-dual-view-case/270934?productid=10295371 and here is a picture of the charging port.

It looks like there is plastic or something under the case and goes all the way across partially covering the speakers too.

Can this be trimmed around the charging port? Would this allow for the cable to fit?

That looks to be about a 4-5mm opening and I’m sure most Anker cables are about 6mm or more hence why it’s an issue. I’m sure they can come up with a smaller one, but like @Oggyboy mentioned I would take a knife and trip it a bit

I bet the 4 port one was 60W, but not sure how it’s shared.

It also had 2 type A ports.

Looks quite large.