Ultimate PowerDrive Buying Guide (Mid-2019)

All opinions and recommendations in this buying guide are my own and not affiliated with Anker.

For Android Users

PowerDrive III Duo

Anker’s latest car charger features dual PowerIQ 3.0 ports, which makes PowerDrive III Duo ideal for devices that support Qualcomm Quick Charge. However, because each port has a maximum output of 18W, this is unfortunately incapable of charging most notebooks.

For Ultrabook Users

PowerDrive Speed+ Duo

A 30W PD port makes PowerDrive Speed+ Duo easy to recommend to not only ultrabook users, but iPad owners as well. In addition, the PowerIQ port enables a second device to charge simultaneously.

For iPhone Users

PowerDrive PD 2

PowerDrive PD 2 provides fast charging for iPhone via the USB-C port. Just keep in mind that a USB-C to Lightning cable is required. This is also typically Anker’s least expensive car charger with Power Delivery.

If this buying guide helped you make a purchase decision, please let me know! :grinning: Also, be sure to tell me what buying guide you would like to see next!

Until then, Power On, Anker fans!

7 Likes

Great write up. This will help buyers make a decision based on their needs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great summary, @Insider! Thanks!

2 Likes

Nice list of PowerDrive Charger port chargers :clap:

thanks for putting this together @Insider

1 Like

This is a nice guide–thanks for putting it together!

2 Likes

Very nice, Anker really needs to consider putting a comparison tool on their website/websites. Navigating through and differentiating between all the different similar models can be very confusing unless you are well versed.

1 Like

Good guide & selections @Insider :+1:

3 Likes

Great guide like always @insider. Simple, yet effective. I already have the PowerDrive Speed+ Duo, but on my next item to get is the PowerDrive III Duo.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing

1 Like